Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This is the press conference that is being quoted.

state.gov/briefings-fore...ne-requirement

The question is at 15minutes in. I don’t think she sounds particularly confident in her answer but she does say no to quarantine but yes to tests
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyofboys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Iv sent an email to them... Will see if I get a response
mummyofboys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Testing or no testing it concerns me that some people here would want to continue their holiday if one of their party got ill.

Yes there is a lot of money at stake, but you shouldn’t go if you are not prepared to isolate should this happen. That’s unfortunately where we are and passing it on to other families also spending a lot of money is not cool.

I hope this all works out for everyone.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

People living in Scotland - Not helpful for people in other countries but there people under 18 can get proof of covid vaccination on NHS inform via download or by calling the covid line. Not allowed to use app.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by mummyofboys View Post
Iv sent an email to them... Will see if I get a response
I got a response earlier today, basically quoted what was on the website, I sort of ignored it hoping it was some sort of standard reply

Sent: 27 October 2021 13:07
To: **************
Subject: CDC INFO: Topic International Travel with unvaccinated Children clarification; [CDC-2132401-M4Y4N4] CRM:08301076

Thank you for contacting CDC-INFO.
Here is the information you requested on traveling international with children.

CDC recommends delaying travel until you are able to get fully vaccinated. If you are traveling with children who cannot get vaccinated at this time, follow recommendations for unvaccinated people and choose the safer travel options described below.
Check CDC's Domestic Travel or International Travel pages for the latest recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Before travel:
• Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
While you are traveling:
• Wear a mask over your nose and mouth in public. Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations whether you are vaccinated or not.
• Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you.
• Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
After you travel:
• Get tested 3-5 days after your trip and stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative. If you don't get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
• Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms during and after travel, isolate, and get tested if you have symptoms.
• Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.

For more information, please visit the following CDC website:
Safer Travel Tips for Families with Unvaccinated Children
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...avel-risk.html
Domestic Travel During COVID-19
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
International Travel During COVID-19
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
After You Travel
cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ecautions.html
Health Department Directories
cdc.gov/publichealthgate...ies/index.html

***Feedback about your experience with CDC-INFO is important to us and will help us continue to improve. Please rate your interaction by completing this short survey:

surveymonkey/r/FKXRC...-M4Y4N4 

Responses are kept completely confidential.***
------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to nonfederal organizations are provided as a service. Links are not an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC or the federal government. CDC is not responsible for the content of organization websites found at these links.
Thank you for contacting CDC-INFO. For more information, please call 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636), visit cdc.gov and click on “Contact CDC-INFO,” or go to cdc.gov/info.This e-mail was sent from an unmonitored mailbox, and CDC-INFO will not respond to replies sent to this mailbox. If you have questions or comments, please send them via our online form at cdc.gov/info.
CDC-INFO is a service of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). This service is provided by the Verizon and MAXIMUS contract with CDC and ATSDR.
------------------------------------------------------------------
YS/ PR# 17896

Edited at 07:04 PM.
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Testing or no testing it concerns me that some people here would want to continue their holiday if one of their party got ill.

Yes there is a lot of money at stake, but you shouldn’t go if you are not prepared to isolate should this happen. That’s unfortunately where we are and passing it on to other families also spending a lot of money is not cool.

That was kind of my point as well.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
There is a phone number on the CDC website - might be stating the obvious here but has anyone actually called them and asked?
Tried that - just rang out (expect the number is super busy with people calling them asking for clarification). I have written to my MP as seems the UK government need to sort out a suitable solution with their US contacts regarding 1 dose = unvaccinated by the US (surely there are people on the payroll who work on solving such issues?). I expect the government will be interested in fixing this issue given that the uncertainty will put a lot of families off booking a holiday to the US and so further lost revenue for the travel industry...
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
There is a phone number on the CDC website - might be stating the obvious here but has anyone actually called them and asked?
Ok so I actually just called them. Got through to a lady who didn't know the answer, she then literally just read back the statement on their website:

Documentation that you are excepted from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement
You must attest that
You are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above.
You have arranged to:
Be tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S., unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days
Self-quarantine for a full 7 days, even if the test result to the post-arrival viral test is negative, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days
Self-isolate if the result of the post-arrival viral test is positive or if you develop COVID-19 symptoms
If you intend to stay in the U.S. for longer than sixty (60) days, you agree to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have arranged to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within 60 days of arriving in the United States or as soon as medically appropriate, unless (for children), you are too young to be vaccinated.

I said, so can you confirm that unvaccinated children would have to self isolate and she said yes that would be the case.

To be honest, i'm still not convinced as she was clearly just reading from the same web page rather then actually finding out BUT the fact is I called the CDC and their agent told me that unvaccinated kids WOULD have to isolate.
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

It’s more the fact my son would have to test - if he doesn’t have any symptoms I mean. Although reduced, vaccinated can still carry virus and pass it on. I would rather not go than have the worry of it all TBH. And it’s the hassle as we don’t drive.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnd boo!
Excited about Disney

Jnd boo!'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

If you are referring my post, I dont think anyone here would continue their holiday if ill including myself and fully understand that if they got ill that quarantine would be the case. But I think it's fair enough to not want to test again whilst there unless you are showing symptoms...
Covid stopped our 2020 trip 😢
4th trip Nov 2021, joined by our parents for our 10 year wedding anniversary!
Jnd boo! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List