Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Seems crystal clear there to me that the post arrival test is needed by all children. There is no need to quarantine prior to the test assuming they travel with vaccinated adults.

With that being clear, I guess the bit that is still unclear is how to go about that and how it is enforced.
It’s definitely what that specific official said, no denying that’s clear, but she’s just one of the various sources we have to go on, she didn’t sound sure on the quarantine if you listen to her delivery on the actual press conference video, and there is unfortunately far more written evidence in the other direction. I’m not sure how you say for definite yet that the verbal source trumps the written sources on the quarantine point, even if both do come from the CDC. Until their website/the attestation reflect what she said, I personally don’t consider the matter settled either way…

Edited at 09:27 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

What’s now clear in the new form isn’t what’s coming out of the CDC’s mouths about children not needing to isolate - not adding to the confusion at all.

Also, are they ever going to get specific details on the tests upon arrival - unless it’s clear somewhere, could you not just self test in a hotel room with a test you take over from the UK since the result isn’t been uploaded anywhere…?
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
What’s now clear in the new form isn’t what’s coming out of the CDC’s mouths about children not needing to isolate - not adding to the confusion at all.

Also, are they ever going to get specific details on the tests upon arrival - unless it’s clear somewhere, could you not just self test in a hotel room with a test you take over from the UK since the result isn’t been uploaded anywhere…?
Only unvaccinated children traveling with unvaccinated adults will have to isolate/quarantine. I think it’s simple to follow on the CDC site
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

And still no update to the website. Regardless of what the CDC official said rather haltingly to a German journalist, talk is cheap unless the guidance is in black and white.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is U.S. Government bureaucracy at its worst and I apologize on behalf of all of us for whom they are supposed to represent.

Embarrassing.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mj1980 View Post
Only unvaccinated children traveling with unvaccinated adults will have to isolate/quarantine. I think it’s simple to follow on the CDC site
Pretty sure that isn’t what the latest attestation says - it doesn’t break down what rules apply if the parents are vaccinated or not, it just asks you to complete section 3 where you tick a box to confirm the child will isolate, which shouldn’t apply based on what the CDC are verbally saying.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnjones
Gone all Goofy

Can you post a link to it. People keep saying this on various forums across the internet but I’ve scoured the CDC website and I can’t find any mention of what you’ve just said.
Johnjones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Except that's just 'simply' unfortunately not what it currently says...at all. The verbal and written advice are in conflict. Yes, noncitizen, nonimmigrant children who are not fully vaccinated are given an exception to travel to the US by air, therefore based on every current piece of written information, this should apply:

If that turns out to be wrong, and the confused sounding CDC official turns out to be right, fantastic! But until they update this, we simply don't know.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I really wish someone would clarify this on the website, I’m hoping the delay is them working out how to distinguish between groups needing and not needing to quarantine. They’ve had a really long time to work this out though and people will be rocking up at the airport with kids in just over a week!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
I really wish someone would clarify this on the website, I’m hoping the delay is them working out how to distinguish between groups needing and not needing to quarantine. They’ve had a really long time to work this out though and people will be rocking up at the airport with kids in just over a week!
Yep and who is realistically gonna argue with a CBP officer over it!
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Yep and who is realistically gonna argue with a CBP officer over it!
Or even officious airline staff, who are damn sure going to be basing their checks on the written word, not he said, she said from a press conference.