Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Oct 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Best place for a Steak - on or off-site.

Where is the best place to grab a steak on or off-site?

Our last trip in 2011 we never bothered but remembering back to when I went as a kid my dad and uncle hit up Wild Jacks for a 30oz bad boy... none of them finished it haha.

Any suggestions for a good steak then happy to uber off-site.

Edited at 06:27 PM.
dangallimore is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

By far the best steak we have had in Orlando is Charleys Steakhouse on idrive. Not cheap (for us) but superb
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Sorry to hi Jack but where abouts is charleys ?
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Sorry to hi Jack but where abouts is charleys ?
It's just before Standlake on the right as you head toward the top premium outlets 👍

Menu is charleyssteakhouse/orlando-menu/
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Longhorns on the 192 is lovely, never had a bad meal there, one 4 week holiday i ate there 3 times in one week 🤤🤤🤤🤤
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

If you want to have a great steak then you need to go to charleys or the steak house at the Hilton up by the convention centre, yes you can go to longhorns( shoutout to there amazing bread ) or outback and whilst good for the price it’s only when you go to a high end steak house you realise the extra $$$$ is worth it
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You can be right royally ripped off on steaks.

The most expensive best centre cut filet of 8oz bought from the best normal (not some price inflated) butcher will be about £12. Unless you are eating something like Wagyu. Quite a few internationally renowned beef farmers are around me (one was on Netflix ‘Steak Revolution’).

The best steakhouses, will serve the best cuts. So will be spending £12 say on that filet (but will get it for less trade) as raw materials.

Yes it may have better sides as well. There may be better service and maybe better decor. The chef may be more skilled (and may not, there are people at Longhorn who have cooked over a million steaks). But ultimately the raw materials are still limited to that £12 piece of top quality meat.

Point is the majority of a £100 steak meal over a £40 steak meal is pure profit.

And people who go to that place in London with the little Turkish fella with shades and a big sword- a fool and the their money are easily parted! Leave that to the footballers and reality stars with more money than sense, although he will coat a bone in rib-eye in gold leaf.

I have eaten steak in some very high end places (usually not paying myself fortunately) and I still remember a ribeye I once had at Longhorn as one of my best ever. I’ve also had some very mediocre steaks there. So you may also get more consistency at high end places. Charley’s is very good.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You can be right royally ripped off on steaks.

The most expensive best centre cut filet of 8oz bought from the best normal (not some price inflated) butcher will be about £12. Unless you are eating something like Wagyu. Quite a few internationally renowned beef farmers are around me (one was on Netflix ‘Steak Revolution’).

The best steakhouses, will serve the best cuts. So will be spending £12 say on that filet (but will get it for less trade) as raw materials.

Yes it may have better sides as well. There may be better service and maybe better decor. The chef may be more skilled (and may not, there are people at Longhorn who have cooked over a million steaks). But ultimately the raw materials are still limited to that £12 piece of top quality meat.

Point is the majority of a £100 steak meal over a £40 steak meal is pure profit.

And people who go to that place in London with the little Turkish fella with shades and a big sword- a fool and the their money are easily parted! Leave that to the footballers and reality stars with more money than sense, although he will coat a bone in rib-eye in gold leaf.

I have eaten steak in some very high end places (usually not paying myself fortunately) and I still remember a ribeye I once had at Longhorn as one of my best ever.
Maybe had about 50 fillet steaks at Longhorn since we discovered them in Longboat key in 2003 and always very happy. Around $25 with sides. Had them in Disney locations at twice the price and certainly no better.

Mick

PS I am just a simple working class Yorkshire lad. Maybe I don't have the palate to appreciate a $60 steak. But I guess my Yorkshire wallet prevails.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Longhorn is a well visited place by us and their Outlaw Ribeye is the best steak I have had, there is also the Texas Road house that do a good steak as well.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Longhorn is a well visited place by us and their Outlaw Ribeye is the best steak I have had, there is also the Texas Road house that do a good steak as well.

Steve
Steve

We also visit Texas at Rolling Oaks and always happy. Manny's can be a bit mixed. Did you know the "newish" one on 192 had closed down? But we always ask ourselves would we pass a Longhorn or a Texas to drive down to Manny's at Haines City?

Hope the new Longhorn near you lives up to its usual standards.

Mick