Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 24 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can confirm Pecans have been purchased from ASDA at £2.59 for 200g. Not the best deal but I was desperate!

Started some meal prep today...

Pumpkin Soup - it was very, very thick. I had to water it down a lot.

Green Bean Casserole

Mash

Cornbread - very, very crumbly, going to have to Google to see where I went wrong

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone!
Wow, that all looks fantastic! You are so prepared 💝 your pumpkin soup looks luscious and your amazing pioneer woman mash is a sight to behold! I hope you have an amazing day. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ok I’ll say nothing about the Yorkshire pud
I always find corn bread a bit crumbly even when I cheat and use jiffy cornbread mix
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can confirm Pecans have been purchased from ASDA at £2.59 for 200g. Not the best deal but I was desperate!

Started some meal prep today...

Pumpkin Soup - it was very, very thick. I had to water it down a lot.

Green Bean Casserole

Mash

Cornbread - very, very crumbly, going to have to Google to see where I went wrong

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone!
Looking good! The only prep I managed was making my pastry for the apple pie and it is now chilling in the fridge.

However, a friend of mine in America has an amazing tradition for the night before Thanksgiving: Cheese night! A night where they eat lots of cheese! It started with just her family and has now spread to friends and friends of friends etc etc... So tonight I cooked a cheese night dinner of poutine (I managed to source proper cheese curds) and it was delicious! But then I had no energy to do meal prep for tomorrow!

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Looking good! The only prep I managed was making my pastry for the apple pie and it is now chilling in the fridge.

However, a friend of mine in America has an amazing tradition for the night before Thanksgiving: Cheese night! A night where they eat lots of cheese! It started with just her family and has now spread to friends and friends of friends etc etc... So tonight I cooked a cheese night dinner of poutine (I managed to source proper cheese curds) and it was delicious! But then I had no energy to do meal prep for tomorrow!

That looks amazing! OH would absolutely be onboard with cheese night on Thanksgiving Eve.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beachgirl71 View Post
Heres a traditional one with a little twist... tried for the first time this year and its so good! Boozy cranberry sauce!
maryellenscookingcreation...rry-sauce.html
I put Cointreau in mine with orange zest 😃
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When I make cranberry sauce I do the same as you Debbie
I also add Cointreau and orange zest to my boozy mincemeat
I’m currently toasting oatmeal for Cranachan to take tomorrow
Don’t know what DH will say about me using his good malt for the cream though

Edited at 03:30 AM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Colette your cornbread looks delicious 😋 wow you've done loads of prep. I can't wait to see everything all laid out.

The cheese night poutine looks fab! What a fun idea.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s all systems go here this morning. So far for breakfast I have had 10 tablespoons of mashed potato and about half a cup of four cheese mac and cheese (it wouldn’t fit in the casserole dish.) 😆 I have to nip out because I have run out of salt 😱 rookie mistake 😉

There is corn, cheese and jalapeño pudding, green beans and bacon, 4 cheese mac and cheese and whisked mashed potatoes (game changer! Thanks Helen!)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 💖
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

We're not doing ours until Sunday, but these all look amazing!
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Happy Thanksgiving all! I have bread rising and pastry chilling in the fridge. I also made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, yum!

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List