Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Feb 22, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Up n downs this week

Weather been cold this week but hitting the 80s today.
Crowds quiet first and last thing at universal and
IOA
Icon park by the wheel busy with good atmosphere, ole red great music bar, not been down here before, but it looks like the popular spot on I drive
A few things we have noticed after being away for 2 years
1. Waiting for a table at a few eateries for 30 mins, that are very quiet, this is due to a lack of staff everywhere, talking to a bar owner last night and he doesn't know how they will cope when the season kicks off, and most bars shops etc have staff wanted signs.
2 seems like a new trend in universal of people joining a Q for a ride then when near the front half a family turn up pushing through the line, most non English speakers, one chancer didn't get past the 2nd time!
3. beer about $6 for a bud light only £1.99 in spoons.
4. Pointe Orlando so quiet most shops shut for good and upstairs being renovated, its ghostly quiet
5 I hop been great but around $30 for 2 breakfast and coffe, everything getting expensive.

Had a great visit to central Florida zoo, blue springs park for the manatees and gatorland, hoping volcano bay opens tomorrow our last full day.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18

Edited at 02:16 PM.
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You need to practice get on your bike in Portuguese and Spanish with the appropriate firm but polite gestures and don’t speak English in galic or welsh and stand firm
Works every time for us
And if you get I think I lost my phone , bag, hat what ever in the line you tell them to go back and report it to a staff member and you will too
Only exception we make is for a kid and an adult we’ve seen had to leave the line cause they need to go
Restaurants and stores are struggling for staff
And yes everything has got expensive even since we were here in November food in supermarkets has certainly gone up
It’s due to be warmer tomorrow I’m still sat by the pool with a glass of wine and it’s lovely
Enjoy your last full day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I know exactly what you mean about the “queue-busters” !

I usually go to Fl in Nov to do my Christmas shopping and it happens a lot in kids’ clothes stores. The person in front of me has a couple of items but as they get to the till, several more people join them with armfuls of stuff and take ages deciding which to buy and discard the rest. Takes ages. Portuguese so I suppose they are from Brazil.

They also take their wheelie suitcases shopping with them to carry their purchases - after throwing the carrier bags, boxes etc away.

You’ve got to admire them for their enthusiasm, technique and stamina but they do annoy me !

Edited at 09:50 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s always been a bit of a problem. I can remember back in the 1990’s watching a girl of about 15 screaming at their female tour guide that her father would get her sacked if she didn’t get them on Splash Mountain right away despite there being a line of over an hour.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

We had sooooo many issues with people cutting line at Disney in Dec. My partner lost it one night queuing for buzz lightyear space ranger spin. Two women who barged through after we'd queued for 30min already claiming their friends were further down the line. He went mad🙈 said "then you should have queued with them in the first place" he pointed blank refused to let them through and everyone just stared at him as if he was the one in the wrong. My partner shouted "so nobody else here thinks this is wrong?" Everyone went silent and they went past him. Eventually, an American man said he knew, he agreed with my partner but just to let it go. We later saw the women now reunited with their friends and they stuck their finger up at him...

29 times we counted where people did it
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I think sometimes its just not worth the hassle to say anything despite wanting to - frequently!