Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Nov 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I have to admit, I'm starting to worry about all these vaccine requirements. I'm not anti-vax in the slightest (double jabbed) but I worry that my kids will be ostracised because the vaccine won't be available to them here and therefore we won't have the freedom to go to certain places. Hate the thought of my kids being treated like lepers because they can't get the vaccine or that they can only get one dose which won't be considered fully vaccinated in certain places!

I don't blame you for sticking to Florida, probably a safer bet as they're not mandating vaccines anywhere unless the US ban the unvaccinated regardless of age then hopefully it won't be a problem for any of us. 🤞🏼
Yep, same here (triple-jabbed!). My son is 11 so has missed out on this current vaccination round. He's actually home infected with Covid right now, but his 12-y-o classmates were vaccinated this week but, as we know, there are no current plans for a second jab, and we have a lot of boosters to get through before attention may return to kids.

The political landscape in Florida means that it is likely to remain quite loose-and-free with requirements which, at the current time, is going to work in our favour.

If you get something sorted, update this thread if you get a chance - I'll be interested to see what you settle on!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Yep, same here (triple-jabbed!). My son is 11 so has missed out on this current vaccination round. He's actually home infected with Covid right now, but his 12-y-o classmates were vaccinated this week but, as we know, there are no current plans for a second jab, and we have a lot of boosters to get through before attention may return to kids.

The political landscape in Florida means that it is likely to remain quite loose-and-free with requirements which, at the current time, is going to work in our favour.

If you get something sorted, update this thread if you get a chance - I'll be interested to see what you settle on!
I hope your son is doing ok! Can I ask if you had any side effects with the booster? I should be able to book mine any day now but I had terrible side effects with my first AZ jab (basically felt like I had flu all night) Wasn't pleasant but obviously better than the alternative. A bit nervous about the booster as it's a different technology to AZ so not sure if I'll react better or worse. I'll obviously still get it though!

I'll definitely update the thread when I've found the "perfect" place. It's a bit of a minefield thats for sure!
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I hope your son is doing ok! Can I ask if you had any side effects with the booster? I should be able to book mine any day now but I had terrible side effects with my first AZ jab (basically felt like I had flu all night) Wasn't pleasant but obviously better than the alternative. A bit nervous about the booster as it's a different technology to AZ so not sure if I'll react better or worse. I'll obviously still get it though!

I'll definitely update the thread when I've found the "perfect" place. It's a bit of a minefield thats for sure!
I was quite poorly for a couple of days after both my AZ jabs - sweating but cold, literally kept falling asleep 😂 but I had the booster on Monday and I have been fine except a sore arm (Moderna)

ETA I had ‘flu once and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks - the AZ side effects were nothing compared to that obviously!

Edited at 01:24 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've been Pfizer for all three jabs, and didn't have any side effects from any of them that I could tell, but I'm aware that others have been different.

I'm also currently infected, but I can only guess that my son brought it home from school a few days after I had my booster so it didn't have a chance to fully ramp up my protection.

That said, as someone who has an increased chance of a complication from a Covid infection, I'm delighted with my "heavy cold" symptoms and I should have super-immunity soon from three jabs AND an infection!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

I had awful side effects from my second AZ jab, so much so that I wouldn’t have had the booster if it was AZ - but I had Pfizer, and no effects except for a tender to the touch arm. Hope it’s the same for you.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

We liked Windsor Hills but if you are thinking more resort like a hotel any everything within a quick walk this is not necessarily it. We are staying at the Wyndham at Bonnet Creek when we go in a few weeks as our wish list was similar to your. Booked through booking.com and we should have no parking or resort fees plus you can use some of the facilities at the other BC resorts.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I was quite poorly for a couple of days after both my AZ jabs - sweating but cold, literally kept falling asleep 😂 but I had the booster on Monday and I have been fine except a sore arm (Moderna)

ETA I had ‘flu once and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks - the AZ side effects were nothing compared to that obviously!
Pleased you got your booster and didn't have any nasty side effects this time. I've just managed to book mine, no idea of if will be Pfizer or Moderna but I guess I'll find out next Saturday!
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I've been Pfizer for all three jabs, and didn't have any side effects from any of them that I could tell, but I'm aware that others have been different.

I'm also currently infected, but I can only guess that my son brought it home from school a few days after I had my booster so it didn't have a chance to fully ramp up my protection.

That said, as someone who has an increased chance of a complication from a Covid infection, I'm delighted with my "heavy cold" symptoms and I should have super-immunity soon from three jabs AND an infection!
Amazing, thank goodness for the vaccine hey!

Edited at 05:04 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
I had awful side effects from my second AZ jab, so much so that I wouldn’t have had the booster if it was AZ - but I had Pfizer, and no effects except for a tender to the touch arm. Hope it’s the same for you.
Thanks, I really hope so too 🤞🏼
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
We liked Windsor Hills but if you are thinking more resort like a hotel any everything within a quick walk this is not necessarily it. We are staying at the Wyndham at Bonnet Creek when we go in a few weeks as our wish list was similar to your. Booked through booking.com and we should have no parking or resort fees plus you can use some of the facilities at the other BC resorts.
I had a look at Booking.com but it's coming in at crazy money for my dates. Have a wonderful holiday, we'll be over there in a few weeks too but we're staying on site for this trip.