Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jan 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Busy day guide for Aug 2022

Hi,
I'm presuming busy day guides now from are past are now pointless after the last 2 years for August?
Does anyone else have any idea when they will be out for this year or what I can use for August 2022.
Thanks
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Everyday will be a busy day.

No need for a guide!
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post

No need for a guide!
No help at all !

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I’ve booked my august days based on online searches and tried to avoid weekends at Magic kingdom . Type crowd levels for WDW and do a spreadsheet from there ,that’s how I did it

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

No need for a guide!
Agree with this! Although if it's the end of August, that's heading into the low season so it may only be moderate instead of busy.

On my trip last month, I noticed absolutely no difference in crowd levels from day to day - a Tuesday was just as busy as a Sunday. The change in EMH means there's no longer big swings in crowds between days. So I would book what fits your schedule best.

Edited at 04:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

No need for a guide!
Spot have been going in August every year for 3weeks for about 10 years.
Quieter in the very last week but still relatively busy. However since the parks have opened back all bets are off as even the times that I would expect to be quiet it seems rammed.

I don't actually think its more people I think they don't have staff to run the parks at full capacity.
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Spot have been going in August every year for 3weeks for about 10 years.
Quieter in the very last week but still relatively busy. However since the parks have opened back all bets are off as even the times that I would expect to be quiet it seems rammed.

I don't actually think its more people I think they don't have staff to run the parks at full capacity.
It's both. They've been running the parks well below capacity for years now to cut costs, even pre-Covid. Now they want to cut costs and have a reduced staff level.

But there's definitely more people actually in the parks, especially in historically low weeks. Our secret is out.
Old 24 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Last year end of August was still very quiet at the parks even though the parks had been open for a little while at this point.

The busy day guides generally come out when park hours are released which vary depending on the park, normally a couple of months or so before. undercover tourist has a busy day guide, and you have the likes of touring plans as well. Though some of these may be off a bit because of the recent changes to the parks EMH, and covid.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Last year end of August was still very quiet at the parks even though the parks had been open for a little while at this point.
Delta spike, attendance was well below expected levels as many cancelled. I'm expecting this August to be much busier, but probably still moderate towards the end of the month.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
Old 24 Jan 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Thank you everyone. All helpful
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List