Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I'm not sure why people think there needs to be a reciprocal agreement.
Disney may decide to target Universal Passholders and therefore offer deals whilst Universal choose not to...Disney can offer any incentives it wants to whoever it wants to as part of their marketing strategy and it has nothing to do with Universal.

Having said that I'd be surprised if it were true but my point is it doesn't have to be reciprocal
I see what you mean.

But, looking at it another way, it encourages vacationers to get Universal Annual Passes instead of regular tickets (or upgrade their regular tickets to annual passes) in order to get discounts on Disney tickets. That is, give more money to Universal in order to give less money to Disney.

I'm not sure why Disney would do that? They don't need to. Their parks are more popular than Universal's. Most people head to Orlando to visit Disneyworld.

I could see Seaworld doing it though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I am a Florida resident annual passholder for both Disney and Universal. The simple answer is there is no such discount from either company.

I am bemused at all the discussion about what an 11 year old may have overheard!

Disney often offers special deals to Florida residents at slow times of the year that most on here would never hear about ie 4 days for around $200 but they certainly aren't linked to being a Universal passholder.
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I am a Florida resident annual passholder for both Disney and Universal. The simple answer is there is no such discount from either company.

I am bemused at all the discussion about what an 11 year old may have overheard!

Disney often offers special deals to Florida residents at slow times of the year that most on here would never hear about ie 4 days for around $200 but they certainly aren't linked to being a Universal passholder.
There's no need to be bemused it's just a bunch of folks discussing a concept or idea... it's what happens on internet forums
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I see what you mean.

But, looking at it another way, it encourages vacationers to get Universal Annual Passes instead of regular tickets (or upgrade their regular tickets to annual passes) in order to get discounts on Disney tickets. That is, give more money to Universal in order to give less money to Disney.

I'm not sure why Disney would do that? They don't need to. Their parks are more popular than Universal's. Most people head to Orlando to visit Disneyworld.

I could see Seaworld doing it though.
I see your point but in reality the upcost of upgrading to Annual Passes for Universal and Disney probably isn't worth it for most holiday makers who are there probably for two weeks or less.

Like you say WDW is the dominant force over there and don't need to do it but it would be an interesting tactic to deploy. Yes they are giving a discount but still getting an income from the sale plus getting visitors to go to their park and spend money rather than at Universal...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If this was something Disney did surely they’d tell people? Of course as has been said, they don’t.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Runforthehills
Trying for More Ears

Some good conversations here but if no one on the Dibb, including Florida residents, has heard of this discount I am pretty sure it doesnt exist. I was always doubtfull but as we are going back in August 2019, with the annual passes still active, It might have made it economic to fit a couple of disney days in.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.