Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Apr 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by steph1 View Post
I agree! If they are saying that the Trax is a compact and they don't have the intermediate SUV shouldn't they then give you the next type up and not down?
Yes you should be upgraded not downgraded.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I'm following this with interest as have also booked an intermediate SUV... I'll let you know what I end up with on Friday!
Thanks Stitchfan. Hoping that by the time we go it might be quieter and more choice - ha who am I kidding lol
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
We've booked the same and I can tell you now my other half won't accept either (we've had a jeep in the past and he struggled with the leg room/steering wheel position as he's really tall)

Starting to stress about collecting the car now
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
We've booked the same and I can tell you now my other half won't accept either (we've had a jeep in the past and he struggled with the leg room/steering wheel position as he's really tall)

Starting to stress about collecting the car now
My OH is tall so so neither will be suitable for us either plus we have a disabled son with a special pushchair!
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Yes you should be upgraded not downgraded.
Just looking at Alamo again I don't think there is a compact SUV only intermediate, standard and full. I thought intermediate and compact were one and the same class. Last year all they had were jeeps and I didn't particularly want one but we had the Jeep Compass but it was great, fitted 3 adults and a child and 3 cases and a large hold all comfortably enough. I guess if we want something bigger we would have to go up a class. I am not very good at getting free upgrades !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Just looking at Alamo again I don't think there is a compact SUV only intermediate, standard and full. I thought intermediate and compact were one and the same class. Last year all they had were jeeps and I didn't particularly want one but we had the Jeep Compass but it was great, fitted 3 adults and a child and 3 cases and a large hold all comfortably enough. I guess if we want something bigger we would have to go up a class. I am not very good at getting free upgrades !

Last May we had an standard SUV booked with Alamo and were directed to a row of SUV's in the lot of mixed sizes and told to pick one. I got a 7 seat Chevy Traverse. Photos of the car in the sticky above.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by johnmcmaster View Post
Last May we had an standard SUV booked with Alamo and were directed to a row of SUV's in the lot of mixed sizes and told to pick one. I got a 7 seat Chevy Traverse. Photos of the car in the sticky above.
Other people seem to be good at it but I must be rubbish ! I asked last year if they had anything else I could have and was told it's those jeeps over there and nothing else ! I could do with some tips !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Rav 4 was nice last year. Longer wheel base than the UK model so quite big. Reversing camera etc
I can second this the Rav 4 is the longer wheel base and comes fully loaded well ours did last time
Nice drive
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

The Chevrolet Trax is a small SUV not an intermediate they did this with the Nissan juke which soon got changed to being a fun car selection.
The nissan juke is actually in the same class where size is involved apart from the jukes boot is a little smaller.
The Vauxhall mocha is also in the same class as the Trax

I would not except this car on the grounds of it is not or similar as the boot space for one is much smaller and the rear seats are not really suited for 3 yes they can fit 3 but tight fit

Rav 4
Overall length 183.5in
Overall width 72.6in
Head room 39.8in
Hip room 54.3/48.9in
Leg room front 42.6/37.2in
Boot capacity of 547 litres with the seats up

Trax
Overall Length 167.20 in
Width 69.90 in
Head Room 39.60 in 38.80 in
Leg Room 40.80 in 35.70 in
Boot Capacity. 356 litres

As you can see it is a much smaller car
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Avis are doing a similar thing with there
Mustang convertible or similar
Similar make and models include the following: Volkswagen Beetle Convertible, Chevrolet Camaro Convertible, Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible and Ford Mustang Convertible.

Volkswagen Beetle does not compare to any of the above