Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 May 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Natheynath1970
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Have booked this class of SUV myself, what would guys recommend should I get a choice ?
Natheynath1970 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
Hi everyone! We have a car!

There were no intermediate SUVs left at all so we got a free upgrade to a standard SUV.

We picked the Hyundai Sante FE sport (possibly mainly for the colour haha) and are very impressed!

And I managed to drive it to AKL without incident! Driving was much easier than I thought it would be.

I was thoroughly impressed by Alamo. The lady was very helpful and even helped me install the car seat (which they aren't supposed to do).
What a great result! I hope we get that lucky in July
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
Hi everyone! We have a car!

There were no intermediate SUVs left at all so we got a free upgrade to a standard SUV.

We picked the Hyundai Sante FE sport (possibly mainly for the colour haha) and are very impressed!

And I managed to drive it to AKL without incident! Driving was much easier than I thought it would be.

I was thoroughly impressed by Alamo. The lady was very helpful and even helped me install the car seat (which they aren't supposed to do).
Thank you for letting us all know & so glad you got a great car. Hope we are as lucky. We dont land until 16.45 this time (we usually take the earlier flight but this one was cheaper) so dont know what the situation will be with choice.
Will there be less choice as its later in the day or will there be more choice with people going home & returning cars before their flight?

I will report back on how we get on too.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
Thank you for letting us all know & so glad you got a great car. Hope we are as lucky. We dont land until 16.45 this time (we usually take the earlier flight but this one was cheaper) so dont know what the situation will be with choice.
Will there be less choice as its later in the day or will there be more choice with people going home & returning cars before their flight?

I will report back on how we get on too.
What you need to remember is cars are being turned around all day long.

Your flight coming in will be flying back out full so those passengers flying home on your flight will be returning cars just before you go to collect your car.

Its only when it get late in the evening and flights in and out slow down that the car turn around also slows down.
Old 2 May 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadmom
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Here now - picked up ours last night in the end we opted for a Jeep Patriot which we liked for the boot space having a hired mobility scooter for my MIL. However on driving down the 417 I became aware of a noise (hubby says it sounds like a bearing) and it's REALLY pulling to the right 😳
Do I call Alamo up and tell them or just go straight to a centre to get it swapped over?

Thanks 😊
2019 Emerald Isle Resort - Sept/Oct >> 2018 OKW - HRH - BLT - BCV - May
2017 Oak Island Cove - May >>> 2016 HRH & SSR First time onsite! - May/Jun
2014 Oak Island Cove - Oct >> 2008 Oak Island Cove - Oct
2007 Emerald Isle Resort - Apr/May >> 2005 Oak Island Cove - Oct/Nov
2004 Espirit - Oct/Nov >> 2002 Holiday Inn Sunspree - May/Jun
disneymadmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Take it back to any Alamo centre. Heard the best one to go to of course depends on your hotel/villa location but I would say go to Disney car centre. Head to the car park admission booths and state your visiting the car centre they will point you to it they have most models or groups available to swap over if it's a hotel or smaller branch may not had the Car that suit your needs
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadmom
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Managed to swap the car at DCC although not as easy as I had envisaged.

Tried to give me a 2DR Jeep Wrangler? Then a sedan ... neither any good for our party size and accommodation needs.

Their only advice was that I drive to the airport 😳 Which given it was raining VERY heavily and the car was pulling to the right so badly it was causing me arm strain!

So stood my ground not speaking just waiting and eventually he "found" us a people carrier which worked for us.

TBH it's a lovely car ... much higher spec than the Jeep and we can even fit in the scooter without having to completely pack it all down 😊

So a word of advice ... if the car is not drivable hold your ground.

All worked out in the end and the sun came out soon after 😉
2019 Emerald Isle Resort - Sept/Oct >> 2018 OKW - HRH - BLT - BCV - May
2017 Oak Island Cove - May >>> 2016 HRH & SSR First time onsite! - May/Jun
2014 Oak Island Cove - Oct >> 2008 Oak Island Cove - Oct
2007 Emerald Isle Resort - Apr/May >> 2005 Oak Island Cove - Oct/Nov
2004 Espirit - Oct/Nov >> 2002 Holiday Inn Sunspree - May/Jun
disneymadmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Ewe arrived Tuesday evening(but have had little to no internet). Sent himself along to get the car while we waited for bags. We have a bright red Jeep Renegade. He's very happy with himself, just because its red
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

I think they take advntage of swapping in small cars. Had a chevy malibu last year as full size and it certainly wasnt what i would call full size. US car reviews class it as midsize. It may not make a difference if luggage fits but if you pay for something you should receive it.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

Mobile

Here now booked a Rogue but all cars in the row were taken a guy by the office in the car park was handing out keys i got a Dodge Durango for the 2 of us!
nick.66 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List