Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Nov 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
But the OP said they have hired a SUV (so they can drive) but also using Uber... then created a thread title of "Here now, Uber is the way forward FACT!"

If you cant drive, then there is no reason to debate a hire car v Uber is there ?
No there's not. It's just that reading this thread, some people who hire cars seem to be looking down on those who use Uber.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Having to travel through London and surrounding areas Uber is a god send, I shall be using them again this weekend.
Old 8 Nov 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
No there's not. It's just that reading this thread, some people who hire cars seem to be looking down on those who use Uber.
not so sure that is the case, but at the end of the day if someone is happy with hiring a car, using uber or taxis, or buses or even walking or cycling, that is all that matters.

I do think the OP's title on the thread has rubbed some people up the wrong way (which I'm sure was not intended)

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We are over here now & I feel that we have the perfect mix!

We are staying 7 nights at HardRock hotel, our plan for those 7 nights is to relax so Universal and the pool.

It would be ridiculous for us to pay over £200 for a hire car & $168 in parking, for the car to be just ‘Sat’ there.

Our following 7 days are at Disney abs again we will be using Disney transport, which last time we found amazing.

However after 10 years of hiring a car, we still wanted a shopping day and a drive to Anna Maria, so we hired a convertible for just 2 days. Husband has always wanted a convertible Mustang but it’s never been practical. However for 2 days at the beach it was a dream.

We used an Uber from the airport... Husband found this AMAZING and such much more relaxing than having to go to the garage, collect the car and then deal with all the ‘newbs’ as we call them. All the people that have never been to Orlando, don’t know where they are going, don’t know the roads and most that have never even used an automatic! LOL

We got off the plane at MCO at 4.55pm by 6pm we were in HHN! Record timing helped by being on Dibbers row and first through immigration.

So people that are so passionate about driving or so passionate about Uber... I have found both the perfect mix.

Everyone is different and has different circumstances. There is no wrong or right option, just personal choice and Uber has definitely provided more options for people... FACT! 😂
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
not so sure that is the case, but at the end of the day if someone is happy with hiring a car, using uber or taxis, or buses or even walking or cycling, that is all that matters.

I do think the OP's title on the thread has rubbed some people up the wrong way (which I'm sure was not intended)
I have no problems with people using Uber or hiring a car - whatever works for them. But it does annoy me when people put FACT and think that makes it something other than just their opinion!
Old 12 Nov 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another vote for Uber here - use them (and similar local equivalents) all over the world.

Not bothering with car hire for next trip to Florida - maybe get a convertible for a few days to go to the coast, but for in and around Orlando and Kissimmee Uber represents a cost saving, reduced hassle (parking, having to concentrate on driving etc), and an opportunity to have a drink.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Karma's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have used uber a couple of times. Once just that and another time, combined with a small amount of hiring a car for longer trips - to Kennedy Space Centre, Cocoa Beach and Busch Gardens.

Would definitely say UBER are great and now they can also pick up from MCO can be quite economical and you can enjoy a beer!
Karma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List