Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Sep 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Felt bad for our friend, hes a Black cab driver with four kids and did the knowledge plus pays off his taxi, mortgage bills etc. Uber certainly wasnt good for business in London so glad they have gone, saying that my son used them but we wouldnt!
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
doah mum
Earning My Ears

We did uber last year our first visit and I'm the only driver so didn't want to stress all the time thinking of the drive home and yes l understand that everyone says its easy. For us it was great my only slight gripe was finding our car/driver at the end of the night sometimes was a faff and a couple of drivers managed to get lost and we gave them directions lol. But overall it gave us/me a stress free holiday will definitely use again
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We took an Uber from All Star Movies to Universal Studios and that cost me $17 going there and $19 coming back.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I normally drive everywhere when in florida. But this year we will be using uber on our discovery cove day and epot day. I don't drink much but will be nice to partake this time. Will not touch alcohol if I'm driving so will make a nice change to have a cocktail or two.

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Never used Uber at home, I don’t drink so usually drive, DD converted us in September to try uber in Florida, abosultly brilliant, impressed us so much we use them now at home if we need a taxi.

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

WE need to have a scooter this year for my mum, if it wasn't for having to take it in and our every day we would use uber, with the car we can leave it in the boot and just take the battery in.

We will definately use them in the evening though for when I want a drink!
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We normally always hire a car, however last November we stayed a RPR and due to the car parking charges at the hotel we decided to just use Uber. Never had a bad experience, cars were always available within minutes and it was really cheap compared to a mears taxi.

We are going back again in December and although we will have a car I will still use Uber for a couple of trips.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

How is it for ease of use? As we're staying in Disney and will need to get to Universal, Busch Gardens, Malls etc and we'll only be able to use Wifi as no data?
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting... it's good to know.

In out last 10 trips we have always hired a car but we are giving Uber a trying this November.

A couple of reasons...

1. We are staying 7 nights at HRH and the parking cost are so expensive.

2. Our 2nd week we are onsite at Disney YC and will be using Disney transport so hubby can enjoy a sociable drink with meals.

We have hired a convertible Mustang for a couple of days in the middle when we are visiting Anna Maria but on the whole we are looking forward to trying Uber!

Hubby is especially looking forward to landing and just being able to jump in a cab rather than faff about picking up the car hire and driving in America when he is tired after a long flight!

Really good to hear your experience! Thanks
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We always have a hire car but when we were out in Orlando a few weeks ago we had a flat tyre. Alamo advised that they could take 2 of us in their van back to the airport to change the mini van but there were 4 of us. So in the end we used Uber from Olive Garden on the 192 at Rolling Oaks back to the villa. Alamo then delivered a new car to our villa about a hour later (10.30pm) and then went and picked up the van with the flat tyre.

The Uber driver was friendly, the car was clean and his driving was excellent.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List