Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

When I booked to stay onsite at Disney one of the reasons I did so was to be first in line for Fastpass reservations. To remove this perk after its been sold to me is simply wrong.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The whole notion of this stinks, my only thought was of the character Veruca Salt, " I want everything and I want it NOW!:angry:

If you have the money you now have the opportunity to want everything you desire - but only if you have the money.

A new low by The Disney Organisation - this is money grabbing for shareholders of the highest order

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Personally, this is one I would consider as I like park hopping and the ability to book in multiple parks beforehand per day is appealing. And the preferred viewing for HEA - cost for two is less than a dessert party would be, which is a bonus when I'm not fussed about the desserts in the first place.

But I have no plans to stay club level (the perks aren't worth the cost to me) so I am hoping that being able to book FPs in multiple parks will filter down to regular FPs at some point. As they'd need to alter the system to allow this for the additional ones so the work from a technical perspective will be done. Would just be enabling it for the masses.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not saying I agree with this but I think the take out will be high, with people trading up to CL to get it.

When you think a ticket to MNSSHP is $100+pp for 5 hours access to MK, this seems like value to me. You're guaranteed to ride every new ride and all the existing big hits even on the busiest day.

I think the top level fastpass at Legoland Windsor is more than this.

It's a shame if it becomes a long term thing because it will impact on everyone on every ride. I'm sure it's going to have a negative impact on lower cost onsite and all off-site visitor numbers.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Greedy Disney. Also majorly stupid when compared directly to Universal deluxe hotel offerings. I’m a Disney fan but this type of thing is increasingly putting me off them.
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Only a matter of time until everyone is charged for fastpasses sadly😣
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm sure when we booked last year for this summer the advertisement for Disney packages stated that as an on site guest you have the perk of being amongst the first to book fastpasses at 60 days out.
This is no longer the case then if others can book them upto 30 days before me.
Might give them a call tomorrow see what they have to say.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
not only does Disney open up 60 day FP booking to the Disney Springs hotels which means more people ‘competing’ for the popular rides, they now offer a whole new dimension to FP booking. Will see how this pans out over the coming months, assuming it does happen. I have my backup non Disney plan now in place.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Only a matter of time until everyone is charged for fastpasses sadly😣
I think you may be right on the mark. There is little doubt Disney have rooms full of bright young things all tasked with one ethos. Make more money!

Now some of them are patently weird. Cabanas in the MK! Mmm what happened to them?
Buses to shuttle you between the Parks for a fee and avoid security. Mmm, think they have gone as well.

They would be better focussed on listening to the old dogs and their core values. Blue sky thinkers come and go, I spent over 40 years working with them. Blue sky thinker? My view was head in the clouds!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think like others that eventually we could be charged for fastpasses.
If this was open to all guests I'd be tempted but it's not and is an unfair system. We've been lucky enough to have 3 extra fastpasses and it makes a great day.
If we book to stay at Disney Springs instead of Disney can we now get 60 day fastpass whoever we book through or just if we book through Disney?

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List