Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
I'm sure when we booked last year for this summer the advertisement for Disney packages stated that as an on site guest you have the perk of being amongst the first to book fastpasses at 60 days out.
This is no longer the case then if others can book them upto 30 days before me.
Might give them a call tomorrow see what they have to say.
Considering all of this has come from "credible sources" but not from Disney themselves at this point that I am aware of, they won't have anything to say about it tomorrow. And from a pedantic/legal standpoint, you are still "amongst the first" due to the limited capacity of CL rooms and it being a pilot program rather than general release.

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I think you may be right on the mark. There is little doubt Disney have rooms full of bright young things all tasked with one ethos. Make more money!

Now some of them are patently weird. Cabanas in the MK! Mmm what happened to them?
Buses to shuttle you between the Parks for a fee and avoid security. Mmm, think they have gone as well.

They would be better focussed on listening to the old dogs and their core values. Blue sky thinkers come and go, I spent over 40 years working with them. Blue sky thinker? My view was head in the clouds!
To be fair on Disney, almost every company (and certainly every large company) has a room like this. I know, I work in one of them.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Only a matter of time until everyone is charged for fastpasses sadly😣
Like Universal?
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Considering all of this has come from "credible sources" but not from Disney themselves at this point that I am aware of, they won't have anything to say about it tomorrow. And from a pedantic/legal standpoint, you are still "amongst the first" due to the limited capacity of CL rooms and it being a pilot program rather than general release.

To be fair on Disney, almost every company (and certainly every large company) has a room like this. I know, I work in one of them.
They banned me from the Blue Sky room. However every 3 years or so they relented, asked me back in and listened for a change.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
If we book to stay at Disney Springs instead of Disney can we now get 60 day fastpass whoever we book through or just if we book through Disney?
Just bookings through Disney.

Said years ago it was only a matter of time before Disney charged for fast passes, hell Universal already do!
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Like Universal?
With Universal you aren’t competing with literally everyone else who’s going to the park who can get fast passes for nothing. I don’t think you can both charge and give them away for nothing and I don’t think Disney will do both for long.
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
They banned me from the Blue Sky room. However every 3 years or so they relented, asked me back in and listened for a change.
If it isn't blue skies, it's green fields. Those are worse.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If it isn't blue skies, it's green fields. Those are worse.
Oh I liked the green fields. What did me was the cutting face and stretch the envelope! What the heck. Do these people live in La La Land!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

People need to remember that this isn't aimed at every one. It's aimed at those that can afford it, you have always had things like this at Disney for those that can afford it. I somehow doubt that everyone who is staying in a Club room will be paying for these so the actual numbers wont make any real difference to everyone else getting fast passes.
The bigger problem is those staying at non Disney hotels at Disney Springs that will now be able to book fastpasses but even then that won't be a huge amount.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

The fast pass que for the new Pandora river ride was an hour long when we were in it in December I guess this will be become the norm
As a family of six club legal will never be attainable for us neither would it accommodate us plus the extra $50 a day each for six quickly adds up
Luckily my kids choose staying round the pool to the parks anyway
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

People need to realise this is a 'trial' and not in a good way;

1. Will soon be rolled out to everyone.
2. Think about the cost. To ride, it will cost each family of 4, $66 for each ride! A fool and their money are easily parted as they say, but plenty of fools out there whilst the US economy is strong.
3. I'm convinced this is why they rolled FP out to partner hotels, said at the time this is because they are going to start charging for FP and they've only done it to increase the customer base. So soon we may see large numbers buying this, increasing non availability and wait times.
4. It allegedly has to be bought for 3 days minimum. If correct, that's $600 for a family of 4 for 3 days 'plus tax'. Think about that sum for a minute. Many families in the real world would have a 3 day holiday for that, it's bonkers and displays Disney's greed.
5. This is the start of charging everyone for FP. If successful, it is coming.

I am very much against this idea for these reasons.