Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jul 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow! Looks amazing
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope this is ready for next summer!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I hope this is ready for next summer!
I've said this in another forum today, but I heard a Universal Advert on Radio X this morning and they said the new harry potter ride will arrive next summer.

I made a mental note of it, cause I think this is the first official line from universal regarding it. I've not seen this on any sites or even an announcement from Universal itself.
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Wow! Sounds great for the brave, I felt sick at the backwards launch, and sicker at the drop. Don't think this one will be for me. But sounds awesome all the same. Maybe I'll have to go and see it, then go a year later after regretting it, like I did with ToT and RRR
Old 28 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Mobile

There’s optimistic talk of a big Memorial day weekend opening at the end of May but that’s hugely dependent on how the next phase of building work goes. All of the coaster is now in place, they are building the various Show buildings, which there are a lot of.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That does looks like a long ride, nice to see them getting it right after the tedium of Fallon (haven't been on Fast and Furious). Will have to get a room booked at Universal for next November.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Looks amazing and it's huge!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by theriler View Post
There’s optimistic talk of a big Memorial day weekend opening at the end of May but that’s hugely dependent on how the next phase of building work goes. All of the coaster is now in place, they are building the various Show buildings, which there are a lot of.
I really hope I thats optimistic as we will be there then and as much as I want to go on this I don't want to be there for opening. We were there for Pandoras opening and it was mad. Looking at recent pics then it does seem optimistic.

Edited at 01:02 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll go against the grain here. I love Wizarding World of Harry Potter but fear this coaster won’t be a patch on the one it is replacing. Used to love Duelling Dragons and fear an albeit excellent themed ride but not a patch on it as a rollercoaster will be taking its place (similar to Expedition Everest).

I prefer B and M coasters to Intamin too.

That said, I acknowledge that Orlando is more about family fun rather than pure adrenaline.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
I’ll go against the grain here. I love Wizarding World of Harry Potter but fear this coaster won’t be a patch on the one it is replacing. Used to love Duelling Dragons and fear an albeit excellent themed ride but not a patch on it as a rollercoaster will be taking its place (similar to Expedition Everest).

I prefer B and M coasters to Intamin too.

That said, I acknowledge that Orlando is more about family fun rather than pure adrenaline.
In terms of thrill level it won’t be on the same level, universal have said this a family thrill coaster, where as dragons was proper thrill coaster.

However in terms of total package this will be on another level to dragons.

Rumour is though that a new thrill coaster is in the planning for the Jurassic Park area to come in the next couple of years, possibly 2021 to coincide with the final Jurassic world film. Runours currently include a possible launched coaster from either Intamin or B&M.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List