Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Aug 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hiddenmichelle
Excited about Disney

That is completely different. People that stop for a reason and want to take pictures. Fine, be polite and pass them ( I am sure they understand this) . But for those who are clearly walking at a reasonable pace to meet the end of line (after the attraction entrance) it is queue jumping to me if people run past you. For people that have not stopped and are walking to meet the end of the queue, running past them is queue jumping to me and disadvantages people. To me, Disney etc is not about "survival of the fittest".
hiddenmichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hiddenmichelle View Post
That is completely different. People that stop for a reason and want to take pictures. Fine, be polite and pass them ( I am sure they understand this) . But for those who are clearly walking at a reasonable pace to meet the end of line (after the attraction entrance) it is queue jumping to me if people run past you. For people that have not stopped and are walking to meet the end of the queue, running past them is queue jumping to me and disadvantages people. To me, Disney etc is not about "survival of the fittest".
This.

When people are clearly stopping to take pictures, then a polite exchange of smiles to say 'it's OK to go past', that's fine.

If I was in a queue (and you are already in a queue as soon as you enter it, even if you are constantly moving, not just when you stop), I would never just storm past somebody because I thought they were too slow. Never. Not going to get on the ride quicker and i'd find it an abhorrent rudeness to ignore people less mobile.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hiddenmichelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
This.

When people are clearly stopping to take pictures, then a polite exchange of smiles to say 'it's OK to go past', that's fine.

If I was in a queue (and you are already in a queue as soon as you enter it, even if you are constantly moving, not just when you stop), I would never just storm past somebody because I thought they were too slow. Never. Not going to get on the ride quicker and i'd find it an abhorrent rudeness to ignore people less mobile.
Me niether. Totally agree, getting on a ride before someone else just because you can, is just plain rude.
hiddenmichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
Potential strange question but I'm certain someone must know the answer...

Let's say that you're waiting in a long queue and then one of your party decide they need the loo, is it acceptable for that person to hop out of the line and then join you again when they return?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. In the past, we've just let a CM know and they have let us back through. Quite common at Disney because of the sheer number of little people!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

I would say it's not acceptable unless it was a dire dire emergency. Even then though most people will not be sympathetic in the queue. I think i'd be too embaressed of the anger and disruption it would cause. If i had to i'd speak to a CM and see what they could do, but then if there's none around at the time that could be awkward. The rest of your family might have to call you with an update from the front once they reached a CM and made arrangements.

Altogether too stressful for me and i'd never queue longer than I could hold my bladder.
I have to say, I don't understand that mentality at all. I've seen it several times where a little one has had to go to the loo, and I've never seen anybody get remotely upset by it. Nobody is cheating in that circumstance. It's just one of those things, and something I know both from personal experience and from seeing other families, the CM's at Disney are well versed in.

Completely different if people are saving places etc.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Water parks are different. The queue doesn’t start until you get to a point when you are standing still with other people who also want to ride the same thing. The stairs don’t count if there is no one queueing on them. Kiosks and carts seem to work a bit like a pub, it’s all about positioning yourself and catching the servers eye.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
I have to say, I don't understand that mentality at all. I've seen it several times where a little one has had to go to the loo, and I've never seen anybody get remotely upset by it. Nobody is cheating in that circumstance. It's just one of those things, and something I know both from personal experience and from seeing other families, the CM's at Disney are well versed in.

Completely different if people are saving places etc.
It's just not for me tbh - the cutting back through everyone part anyway. It would really make me anxious.

The making arrangements with CMs when possible is fine of course. Although last time we had a 3 and 5 yr old with us and did the toileting beforehand, as well as the speel of "we're about to enter the queue, there won't be any toilet, are we all ready" etc.

Honestly, if I couldn't make arrangements with CMs (and they are very good by the way, although in reality it doesn't happen often), I would be out the queue and that would be it.

As others have said, I have witnessed people trying to get through and not allowed to pass. I guess you'd have to be willing to explain to potentially hundreds of people what you were doing each time and hope they moved, unless you were up for physically forcing your way back through. Again, just not for me but each to their own.

Saw a mother and daughter trying to get past everyone at HS in long queue for characters. They got to a point just ahead of me and nobody would let them pass further. No idea if that was toilet, food or whatever the excuse for someone 'saving their space' but for every 10 people that let you pass 1 person will block.

Had they just arranged something with a CM they would have avoided the stress.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

It's just not for me tbh - the cutting back through everyone part anyway. It would really make me anxious.

The making arrangements with CMs when possible is fine of course. Although last time we had a 3 and 5 yr old with us and did the toileting beforehand, as well as the speel of "we're about to enter the queue, there won't be any toilet, are we all ready" etc.

Honestly, if I couldn't make arrangements with CMs (and they are very good by the way, although in reality it doesn't happen often), I would be out the queue and that would be it.

As others have said, I have witnessed people trying to get through and not allowed to pass. I guess you'd have to be willing to explain to potentially hundreds of people what you were doing each time and hope they moved, unless you were up for physically forcing your way back through. Again, just not for me but each to their own.

Saw a mother and daughter trying to get past everyone at HS in long queue for characters. They got to a point just ahead of me and nobody would let them pass further. No idea if that was toilet, food or whatever the excuse for someone 'saving their space' but for every 10 people that let you pass 1 person will block.

Had they just arranged something with a CM they would have avoided the stress.
Fair enough. You have to remember, some of these queues are massive. It didn't happen on our last trip as she was a bit older, but on our first trip our daughter was only just 3. 1 hour+ queues and 3 year old bladder control (even with going to toilet before hand) are not always a good combination.

Once we had got to nearly the front of the queue anyway, so just said to the CMs and they let us leave and come back in via the FP entrance. The second time, we were queuing for a character meet. We explained to the people behind, whom were completely understanding and I stayed while my wife took her. It was for TB if I remember correctly. There was no issue rejoining the queue. Not least as a handful of other families had the same issue!

TBH, I can see how that 1 person in 10 might question it, but I would hope that if the parent simply explained it was a child based toilet emergency, rather than queue jumping - 10 out of 10 people would be understanding.
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Fair enough. You have to remember, some of these queues are massive. It didn't happen on our last trip as she was a bit older, but on our first trip our daughter was only just 3. 1 hour+ queues and 3 year old bladder control (even with going to toilet before hand) are not always a good combination.

Once we had got to nearly the front of the queue anyway, so just said to the CMs and they let us leave and come back in via the FP entrance. The second time, we were queuing for a character meet. We explained to the people behind, whom were completely understanding and I stayed while my wife took her. It was for TB if I remember correctly. There was no issue rejoining the queue. Not least as a handful of other families had the same issue!

TBH, I can see how that 1 person in 10 might question it, but I would hope that if the parent simply explained it was a child based toilet emergency, rather than queue jumping - 10 out of 10 people would be understanding.
Well you are braver than I would be :-)
Old 2 Aug 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When it is a toileting issue it if (despite it being a pain) you go out through the queue then it should be easier to rejoin as everyone is going to remember you going out.

The problem is that there are still people out there that think they are above queuing and either only part of the party have been in the queue or they try and join fictitious family members.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List