Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 18, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Fed up

So here we are in August and Disney have decided that it is time to start celebrating Haloween. The park is decorated and if you do not have an extra ticket for the special evening party then you have to leave!
In all the years we have been coming and staying at Disney this is a first, I mean Haloween in the middle of August. So far we have not been able to stay at the Magic Kingdom until closing twice in eleven nights, not a happy bunny right now.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
So here we are in August and Disney have decided that it is time to start celebrating Haloween. The park is decorated and if you do not have an extra ticket for the special evening party then you have to leave!
In all the years we have been coming and staying at Disney this is a first, I mean Haloween in the middle of August. So far we have not been able to stay at the Magic Kingdom until closing twice in eleven nights, not a happy bunny right now.
Im with you on this one. Im going to enjoy my summer holiday and take lots of photos to treasure forever, I really don’t want pumpkins, ghouls and goblins in my photos. If i did, I would have gone on holiday in October
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Is there other extra evening ticket events on? On the disney website the Halloween party is only on four days in August, 17, 24,28 and 31st I think? Have they put more decorations up than in main st? We were there August last year, and there were pumpkins on lamposts with autumn leaves swags, a display at the top entrance end, and some above the arches you could see on the way out (again all pumpkins) and a large pumpkin display outside in the middle of the flower beds. I didnt think it was that intrusive and dont recall it spreading any further than that, or it having any ghosts and goblins . Im sure someone else with a better memory will clarify. I do enjoy Halloween, so it was nice for us to have a chance to go as we are restricted to summer school holidays. I understand its not everyones cup of tea and am sorry you are disheartened on your holiday.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have to agree with you on this one. I’m not bothered about the late nights as we don’t stay in MK until closing but celebrating Halloween in August is just ridiculous. It’s bad enough they do it in September.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhen
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

andyhen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There are a lot more nights in magic kingdom which don't have MNSSHP.I can imagine there are thousands of people who DO appreciate that disney have extended the party nights. Having pumpkins in few photos really shouldn't spoil anyones holiday. This is a case of no matter what disney do they will get panned.
andyhen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It does seem to be starting earlier every year.

Whats next? Oh I know Xmas trees on Sept 1st.

However one reason only they are doing this - income generation pure and simple. Events and Celebrations equals cash.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Last nights event also sold out before the event started so while there is demand Disney is going to continue starting the parties early.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I personally don't want to celebrate things when it's not the time to celebrate them. But as already said, if Disney are selling the tickets then people must be enjoying it.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Is there other extra evening ticket events on? On the disney website the Halloween party is only on four days in August, 17, 24,28 and 31st I think? Have they put more decorations up than in main st? We were there August last year, and there were pumpkins on lamposts with autumn leaves swags, a display at the top entrance end, and some above the arches you could see on the way out (again all pumpkins) and a large pumpkin display outside in the middle of the flower beds. I didnt think it was that intrusive and dont recall it spreading any further than that, or it having any ghosts and goblins . Im sure someone else with a better memory will clarify. I do enjoy Halloween, so it was nice for us to have a chance to go as we are restricted to summer school holidays. I understand its not everyones cup of tea and am sorry you are disheartened on your holiday.
Sorry I didn’t mean ghouls and goblins it was just a general statement however there were bats and other quirky Halloween bits but when I think about Halloween i think of cold, dark autumn nights with lots of autumn colours around and i just don’t want to see that on my summer holiday. I agree that its very popular but i just think august is far too early
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Similar to supermarkets selling Easter Eggs just after Christmas.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List