Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
I’m also in the “it’s starting way too early camp”.

We’re going for a last minute trip Sept 3rd till Sept 10th and there is a party on 3 nights out of the 7 nights we are there. Now as seasoned visitors we know to make plans to visit another park.

However personally I feel that what Disney ought to do is give one of the other parks a late EMH on party nights so guests do have somewhere else to go. At the moment both HS and AK both close at 8:30pm and EPCOT at 9pm so that really does limit park time everywhere.
I totally agree with you and for those who may say go to Disney Springs that is not the answer.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

They start moving people without tickets to the front of the park and they open a gate by the side of the town hall so the ticket holders are moved from Main Street around the back.

Edited at 04:01 AM.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
I don't know if it's because of the Halloween party nights but we have been here for two weeks so far and the Magic Kingdom have only had two extra magic hour nights but Hollywood Studios has had early Magic Hours everyday.
That’s nothing to do with the Party nights Magic Kingdom certainly for last few years only has one extra magic evening hours each week. HS has them every day which is only for two months (July and August)as part of the opening of toy story land.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
I'm sure lots do like the special Halloween nights but come on in August!
It's nothing to do with having pumpkins in photos, I like thousands of others pay to enjoy the Magic Kingdom and be able to stay if we want until closing not sent out like second class patrons at 6pm. Just another money making scam, just a step to far for me.
While the parties certainly is there to make them money and starting it in August is purely to make even more, it certainly isn’t a scam. That would indicate people are being conned out of their money which they are not and the vast majority of people who do pay it to attend a party love it.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Agree with the OP on this one, August is way too early for anything Halloween related.

However, as a family with grown up kids who never bother with Disney any more, the last time we went to MK was during a MNSSHP which was reasonably priced, fun and scratched a Disney itch.

I'd definitely like to see a separately ticketed event in August, maybe offering a reduced entry price for existing ticket holders so that those who're not interested in paying £300+pp could enjoy.

Didn't they used to do some Princess and Pirate event before?

Can absolutely take or leave Disney so maybe this would be a way of Disney grabbing a few more dollars of ours and similar families.

Just to add Universal are no different, too many Grad nights in May for our liking
We did a Pirates and Princess night when they were around back in 2008. They were the same as Halloween, but with beads instead of sweets, and characters dressed as P&P. And it ran from January til June!

Really cheesed people off - Halloween, then Xmas, then P&P
(Wednesdays and Fridays when we were there). We - being there for a standard UK break of 2 weeks - loved it! Americans on shorter breaks - not so much. So they stopped.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List