Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Really can't face Fastpass and OTT planning.

We have been to Disneyworld multiple times (but not for a while.)

Last time we went we used FP+ and stayed onsite.

We visit again soon (once kids go back) and I really cannot face the thought of being so regimented.

Last time it was lovely, but having to get my daughter and Autistic son out of bed and to a park for a specific time really doesn't appeal this time.

I think for the big rides, yes - I will get FP for them, but for the rest we are going to take it easier. If we can't get on a ride fine, no stress.

Same with restaurants, booked three, the rest lets make plans nearer the time. Never ever missed eating in my favourites with reservations, so why stress it?

The idea that my holiday and reservations need planning so tightly after 4 years of hard work and work scheduling to save up makes feel feel so unhappy.

To be honest, for this reason, I'm looking forward to Universal and the water parks far more.

Edited at 12:08 AM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Wecdid disneybin March the first time for years and only because we had a 2 year old with us it was a flipping pain as were off site apart from our 1nght throw away booking for Fps at Ak
DS 1 who's been going since he was 10 now 32 hated being tied to FP with there 2 year old being glued to a phone to see what to do cancel order food etc to be honest thev2bestbdays we had were at Busch the shoe fitted us all
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Harls
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

We are exactly the same, love to go with the flow and see what surprises happen. We've always been able to see and do what we have wanted. Only thing we have booked is discovery cove and even trying to confirm a date for that was exhausting lol 🤣🤣

Each to their own though...i know some people like to be super organised 😊👍
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

I have done both, the last time was when FP+ had really taken over. I was feeling pretty anxious having to do all the FP again and after a very difficult family meeting where we all tried to agree on plans, I thought ≈≈≈≈ it, holidays are not meant to be like this.

Looking back, some of our happiest days are when we have just decided to drive to the coast or stay by a pool.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Totally get what you are saying. We did dining plan a couple of years ago, never again as it’s not for us. We are not a family that can be on a clock watch on holiday, it has to feel like a holiday. I feel guiltily nagging the family out the hotel door in the mornings I have to do that all the other weeks of the year. Making FP’s on time has been difficult enough, so yes, I agree, go with the flow, take each day as it comes, relax & enjoy 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'm gong to say the opposite but won't the fastpass+ make things easier? If it's hard getting your family out the door early then fastpass+ allows you the choice of booking a time of day for the rides you want at a time that suits your family better. Have you considered the DAS for your son? That can make a big difference for you.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would definitely get the das pass at Disney for your autistic son, we use it for our son and makes the whole trip more manageable.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I love all the ADR & FP planning but over the years (We only go every 3/4 years) we have got what we like down to a fine art. Both up early morning so Ropedrop maybe a couple of FP's lunch at park or hotel depending on time afternoon round pool, back to park for an ADR & maybe FP in the evening. But lucky for us it's just the two of us & I don't do too many rides so DH often does single line rides any way. Must be so hard for families with children to please tho, honestly think I'd not go on a WDW holiday if we had.
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've been to Disney more times than I can remember we highly planned the first visit, and never again.

We've enjoyed every visit since much more, there is so much more to do in Disney than just tick off the rides, you are there to enjoy yourself not "complete" the park
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have been numerous times but never had FP+. We love to be free to do stuff at the spur of the moment and, as we used to go Jan/Feb it would be easy to do.

Next year we are going in July so I will be trying to sort some FP days to ensure we do the rides we want. I'm sticking with QSDP though as I couldn't stand to have to make reservations for restaurants when I don't know where we will be or even whether we will be hungry or not.