Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Aug 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are going to be at Disney 22nd Oct for 10 days and won’t be changing the date.

I’m kinda hoping it won’t be opened until after we get home.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are going for three weeks from 24th October. Having been to AK last year a week after Pandora opened and experiencing the ensuing crowds I also secretly hope Galaxy's Edge opens after we have left, it will be an excuse to go again.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by EllieandCarl View Post
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Galaxy's Edge, will you be going back next year to see everything or wait for it to die down first?
We're planning on visiting WDW in summer/autumn 2020. That was based on other reasons and has nothing to do with when Galaxy's Edge opens.

However, for me, the timing works well. By mid 2020 the initial ultra-crazy buzz will have died down. It'll still be very busy, and the queues will still be long (7DMT has been open over 4 years now and it still gets long queues), but it shouldn't be stupidly busy like it gets in the first few weeks after opening.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do people think everywhere will be busy or just the HS park?
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If the main ride really will have only capacity for 850 odd an hour, forget it for years, you won't be able to get a FP or get on the thing, Im struggling to believe that is correct but I have seen the report above!
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d love to visit it.

Seeing the construction, and how much it’s come, whilst we’ve been here is great. It looks amazing already.
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

will it ever die down though ? ? ?

Star wars is just getting bigger, it is capturing more and more people with the yougsters joining the hoads of fans
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

some going Oct/nov may experience some soft opening which would be very good luck.
I can't see anything in the area only having a capacity of 850 that is way below what Disney expect from a ride of this magnitude, most of the other rides in Hollywood studio have a capacity of 1800+. Maybe it 850 per mechanism and they will have 2 or more. Crush's coaster in Paris has a capacity of 895 and that is a low capacity ride for Disney
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We've penciled in a trip some time in 2020, but a lot of that depends on Chris's recovery/learning to walk again.

We're both massive Star Wars fans, though, having grown up with the original trilogy, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
It will probably appeal to non Star Wars fans like FOP and Pandora do.
Controversial, but I thought Pandora was just meh. Whether that's because I've never seen Avatar, and have no interest in doing so, or whether it's just been overhyped and I expected something more, I don't know. I'll be interested to see how well Galaxy's Edge appeals to non Star Wars fans. (Although I still think the name sounds like a next-gen mobile phone!)

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’m booked for December next year, it doesn’t appeal so I won’t be visiting although I will visit the other parks. It’ll be (very) busy no doubt but it will continue to be for a long time afterwards so I’m still going. There will be other attractions opening in 2020, new resorts opening/being planned so even once the initial opening is over with and into next 2020, 2021, it’ll still be very busy.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List