Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

We are going on honeymoon for 3 weeks from 1st December next year, having been at this time before we wanted to go again during a 'quieter time' but no chance of that now! We won't be changing dates because of it though
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
some going Oct/nov may experience some soft opening which would be very good luck.
I can't see anything in the area only having a capacity of 850 that is way below what Disney expect from a ride of this magnitude, most of the other rides in Hollywood studio have a capacity of 1800+. Maybe it 850 per mechanism and they will have 2 or more. Crush's coaster in Paris has a capacity of 895 and that is a low capacity ride for Disney
Maybe this is where it has come from- worrying if true- slashfilm/millennium-falcon-ride/
Old 1 Sep 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Maybe this is where it has come from- worrying if true- slashfilm/millennium-falcon-ride/
That's the article I read that I posted about originally.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It's an interesting read.
I would say that Jim Hill is good source for Disney history but he's not always reliable on current and future happenings. The capacity estimate is based on there being 7 pods running and how long the ride lasts. This is introduced as being "for comparisons sake"...in other words it's a guess.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Jim is fairly decent with his " insider knowledge " but this ride is being kept will under wraps, he is just have a guess at it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyore-x View Post
We are going on honeymoon for 3 weeks from 1st December next year, having been at this time before we wanted to go again during a 'quieter time' but no chance of that now! We won't be changing dates because of it though
How exciting! After my initial wobble we have decided not to worry about it and just enjoy our honeymoon no point pushing back the honeymoon until 2020 as everyone keeps saying it’s going to be manic for a very very long time!
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

My OH is hoping that we get lucky and experience a soft opening, as he is a big star wars fan. It isn't the driver for us going back though, and we will just skip HS if it is horrendously busy. There's not enough there to warrant a visit without it, at least not for me.

If it isn't open next October, we will go back in 2021 or 2022 so OH can properly experience it when it's, hopefully, a bit quieter.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

So I thought this opened in 2020... doh!

I'm definitely skipping Hollywood Studios for the next few years, most likely Orlando as a whole. Thinking of going back in 2021 for a full trip. Of course there is the possibility of a cheeky Universal/SeaWorld only trip before then, so we will have to see.

It's going to be insane though. Like, TOO insane. Great for Disney and their bottom line I am sure but I don't want to be anywhere near that area for at least 1-2 years after it opens.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
So I thought this opened in 2020... doh!

I'm definitely skipping Hollywood Studios for the next few years, most likely Orlando as a whole. Thinking of going back in 2021 for a full trip. Of course there is the possibility of a cheeky Universal/SeaWorld only trip before then, so we will have to see.

It's going to be insane though. Like, TOO insane. Great for Disney and their bottom line I am sure but I don't want to be anywhere near that area for at least 1-2 years after it opens.
We are the same - going to do Canada next year and we want to get an Ashes cricket match in Australia done
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ratty73
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Where going 1st December next year can’t wait supposed to be quietist time of the year
Ratty73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List