Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Sep 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is there anymore information on when Galaxies Edge may open? Whats the general consensus, November or December?
Old 12 Sep 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Is there anymore information on when Galaxies Edge may open? Whats the general consensus, November or December?
From an operational standpoint, I can't see GE opening within a 2-3 weeks of the heaviest holiday crowds of the year... so I'm guessing a December open date is unlikely. I have no source, no data... just a nightmare in my head of what Star Wars opening (complete with opening glitches) + Christmas Crowds might =.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
From an operational standpoint, I can't see GE opening within a 2-3 weeks of the heaviest holiday crowds of the year... so I'm guessing a December open date is unlikely. I have no source, no data... just a nightmare in my head of what Star Wars opening (complete with opening glitches) + Christmas Crowds might =.
Well, they could open at mid/end of November. Just before the busy Thanksgiving crowds.

I'd guess they'd try to open it either in October, early November (a good 2 weeks before Thanksgiving) or early December (a week after Thanksgiving but a couple of weeks before Christmas). That way it gives them a couple of weeks before things get really crazy to iron out the glitches.

If I had to bet, I'd say late October / early November.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ratty73 View Post
Where going 1st December next year can’t wait supposed to be quietist time of the year
Next December will be the busiest the parks have ever experienced.

If your hoping for the low crowds you would be better trying this December.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

I would imagine when they are comfortable with the progress they will announce this earlier to drive sales and get the hotels filled.

So much effort and time has been put into this they will have this ready before thanksgiving. This as a business strategy would keep the parks full to capacity for a full 12 months potentially 24 months.

I won’t be stepping foot in Orlando for couple of years when it opens whoever I think they will be really proactive with managing crowds.

They will introduce early morning magic every day which will be a sell out every day and may even introduce a night time ticketed event on the same days. That would generate a massive financial reward and allow people to enjoy the area. The reputation and reviews it would generate would mean people would want the same experience and happily pay for it.

Paid soft openings wouldn’t be out of the question either as everyone is desperate to see this land and experience it first hand.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

It’s hard to say when is the best time to go as every year now Disney planning on adding new attractions every year upto the MK 50th birthday then the following year it’s Epcot 40th. But you also got DHS 30th next year and AK 21st.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for a Nov opening
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsie
Imagineer

I'm a SW nerd. Have been since '77 when I was 10. The idea of a Star Wars theme park blows my mind and I cab't wait to be there ...

except ...

I've read that, just like the parade in HS, Galaxy's Edge is going to be based on the new Disney version of Star Wars - which I cannot stand. I've loathed all 4 Disney movies (never even made it to the end of Rogue One as I was so annoyed) and won't watch anymore.

For me personally, I won't go to it but the good thing is that it will attract people and keep them occupied freeing up other attractions!

Feb 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive / Sep 2003 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Feb 2005 - Westridge Villa on US27 / Aug 2007 - Indian Creek Villa / Aug 2015 - Indian Creek Villa / Mar 2019 - Red Lion Maingate
Elsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m wondering if I should change my September booking to November in the hope that it will open.

Surely the other parks will be quieter as everyone will be at HS!
Old 13 Sep 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
Next December will be the busiest the parks have ever experienced.
Late December next year will be extremely busy. I wouldn't expect early December will be the busiest the parks have ever experienced. Star Wars Land will be extremely busy, Hollywood Studios will be busy, the rest of the parks will be moderate-ish.

The one thing that has been noticed by others who study this sort of thing - like when Harry Potter opened at IOA or when Pandora opened at AK - is that new lands don't seem to have much of an impact on the other parks.

Also, children will still be at school in early December. Families will therefore we unlikely to be vacationing at that time. They will instead be visiting when schools break for Christmas.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List