Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Sep 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

What Ride has made you most unwell?

As a lover of coasters & 4D, but a motion sickness sufferer, i am always in a bit of a bind! I have done them all, apart from Rip Ride Rockit

The worst ever for me was the old Back to the Future ride. There was a bit in that where Doc reverses the Delorean out of a dragons or dinosaur mouth at full speed... and I almost hurled. I was dizzy for hours after that.

The other bad one was totally my fault as I should have known...I did Duelling Dragons (as was). I was so unwell, I sat down for an hour and did not really recover until the next day.

I have moments on Forbidden Journey and the simpsons, but I can judge those now and cope.

Bizarrely, at SeaWorld, Krakken has no effect on me, and Hulk at IOA is also fine. Probably only able to do them once but never seem to have a problem.

But the tea cups are an absolute no-no.

so what's the worst you have experienced?
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I’ve never been one for motion sickness but the only ride that made me feel ill is when I did Mission Space in Orange.

I felt so ill I had to go back to the resort and lie down.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mission space, will never ride that again! Had to sit outside for a while, DH and ds went straight back on - twice!
Simpson's can sometimes make me feel queasy. Didn't like Jimmy fallon and had to go back to rpr after that one for a lay down.
I avoid spinnyrides so wouldn't even think about going on tea cups
I suffer from vertigo too - fine on all other rides

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Astro Orbitor at Magic Kingdom made both me and dh feel very queasy. I’ve been fine on the coasters and the Harry Potter rides etc though do get slight brain shake on ROckin Roller Coaster.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Simpson’s ride and forbidden journey,felt disorientated and sick for a good hours after 🤢

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Worst one for me was primeval whirl at animal kingdom, my little girl loved it though which meant I went on it way more than I liked 🤢🤢
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Minions gave me really bad motion sickness ruined the day at universal
Old 14 Sep 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I’ve never been one for motion sickness but the only tide that made me feel ill is when I did Mission Space in Orange.

I felt so ill I had to go back to the resort and lie down.
I'll do the biggest rollercoasters, upside down / everything - but that Orange mission made me quite queasy for hours afterwards. Never again.

Not one if you suffer from claustrophobia either!
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

The tea cups are a big no no for me too, I feel queezy just at the thought of them

the older im getting the more scared I am of roller coasters too, no idea why, going to force myself onto them next year lol

One thing I do take now though are Kwells they are great, and help with the motion sickness on rides. Though I still wont go on the tea cups lol
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLC View Post
I'll do the biggest rollercoasters, upside down / everything - but that Orange mission made me quite queasy for hours afterwards. Never again.

Not one if you suffer from claustrophobia either!
Same! Done everything else fine; FJ, Hulk, Kraken, Manta... all okay. Mission Space? Never again.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List