Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Sep 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWGunner25
slightly serious Dibber

WDWGunner25's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have to say in my experience Universal dealt with this sort of situation for us, much better than Disney. Back in 2012 myself and a friend were in line for Harry Potter and at least 10 people tried to forcefully shove their way by to meet their friend at the front of the queue, they were all probably late teens and apparently didn’t speak English.

My friend and I stood our ground and decided we weren’t budging, long story short they were all removed from the queue, and we were taken to the front (we were almost there anyway) and thanked for alerting the staff!

Holidays : Calypso Cay Amerisuites - June 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jan 2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - Oct 2008 Howard Johnson Tropical Palms- June 2012 Ros and Jim's Villa - Oct 2013 All Star Sports - January 2014 Yacht Club Resort - October 2018
WDWGunner25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
talking about children on shoulders has just reminded me of another incident in May. We had the the HEA dessert party and were in the gardens at the front, just leaning on the fence at the front. There was a large crowd in front of us but CMs were only letting certain people stand there, not sure if they were part of maybe another VIP experience or disabled but it didn't block our view and they obviously had every right to be there. During the wait for the show to start more and more came to stand in front of the garden and sneak in, only to be spotted by Cos and moved on, so far so good but this annoyed me anyway as loads of people had been stood for ages waiting and these people thought they could waltz up and stand there! Rude! About 10 mins into the projection show a tall guy wandered up with a girl of about 6 or 7 on his shoulders and stood immediately in front of us. The girl then held up a phone to start filming!

the CMs had gone by this point so anyone was free to come and stand in front of us and the gardens, inches away from everyone in there who had paid for the dessert party

we could have gone and found a CM but then we'd have missed the show etc so we just put up with it. We didn't do anything afterwards but we did consider going to guest services to complain. I can imagine trying to control crowds on these nights is difficult but when they're charging for the dessert parties I think there should be a constant presence to prevent these entitled people taking the p***
i would've complained. The desserts party are not cheap are they!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Looking forward to the Disney parks in Japan where you are not allowed to hold children higher than head height, nor to hold iPads etc over heads. Plus, everyone sits down! So everyone can see.
I wish this was enforced in florida. Just makes so much more sense, especially the head height part. Just think people could be a bit more considerate.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have 3 things that really hack me off on a Florida (or any other) vacation.

1. Queue jumpers
2. Seat recliners on aircraft.
3. Selfie stick wavers that obstruct my view of the same thing that they are filming.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have 3 things that really hack me off on a Florida (or any other) vacation.

1. Queue jumpers
2. Seat recliners on aircraft.
3. Selfie stick wavers that obstruct my view of the same thing that they are filming.
I too agree with 1 & 3, but I don’t get the problem with seat recliners? Everyone’s seat is able to recline, so I don’t get why it’s seen as being rude? The others are pure selfishness and I get that,but seats recline for a reason. I wouldn’t recline my seat when someone has just got a drink/meal, but other times - definitely.

Edited at 12:26 PM.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I love a challenge. I also quite relish a confrontation ! 😂😂

Perhaps it’s because I travel solo and nobody notices me - they soon will if they get in my way !

Edited at 12:28 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I cannot understand the need for filming on i phones nowadays as every single thing is available to watch on youtube!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
My pet hate is a when you have stood for 30/40 minutes on the side of the kerb waiting for a parade and someone comes along last minute and pushes a child through, then another, then another, then they want a parent and they cut through.
Check your timings and get there early enough to be at the front like I did !
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

What grinds my gears is people who pretend to be on the phone and walk straight past..

Sorry but I will call you out!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Has anyone else developed the skill of accidentally standing on the heel of queue jumpers. I apologise profusely as their shoe comes off and delays their progress.

Edited at 12:47 PM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List