Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Oct 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

My Disney Experience and the Disney World App

So last week I booked to return to WDW for the first time in 27 years. As you can imagine I'm just a bit excited.

After a few days, I received my "Unique Disney reference" and linked it to my Disney account via the website.

As far as the website is concerned it appears to be correct in so much that it shows the correct members in the party, it has the correct dates, correct resort and correct tickets. However even though under "Tickets" it shows "14-day Disney's Ultimate Ticket (with Memory Maker" when I look at "Memory Maker Purchases" there's nothing there at all.

The app on the other hand just doesn't seem to work at all. I'm logged in with the same account credentials and it shows our tickets but that's it. There's nothing showing under plans and if I try and link our reservation it says it's already been linked by (My name).

I've telephoned Disney web help team who said it wasn't a big deal and not to worry. I'm conscious it's probably a trivial matter and we don't travel for months but It's bugging me.

Is this a common issue?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes, very common. The app and website can be very glitchy. Eventually your resort booking will show in the app. Memory maker attached to tickets doesn’t show at all.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for the reassurance. It's appreciated.
Old 29 Oct 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
deb286
a Friend of the DIBB

The app did exactly the same for me and only linked to my reservation once I was under a year out. Give it a few more weeks and hopefully it will link for you.
deb286 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by deb286 View Post
The app did exactly the same for me and only linked to my reservation once I was under a year out. Give it a few more weeks and hopefully it will link for you.
Thanks Deb. Probably a case of me getting too excited way too far in advance.
Old 29 Oct 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
McP-family
Proud to wear my Ears

The Disney World website appears to have had a bit of a revamp recently and seems to be quite fragile.

Even though I can see my plans in the app, the website currently says "Please come back later. We are unable to show your plans at this time." and does so quite frequently.

It can also take a couple of weeks for reservations to link up, particularly when they are more than a year out.

And don't worry about the memory maker, I don't think anything appears under the purchases as it is included with your tickets. I've never paid that much attention to it and it has always just worked when we're there with the photos popping up in the app.
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all. Much more reassured now.
Old 29 Oct 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
deb286
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Brumski View Post
Probably a case of me getting too excited way too far in advance.
Yep, I know that feeling!
deb286 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Thanks Deb. Probably a case of me getting too excited way too far in advance.
Join the club 😂😂😂
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As far as the website is concerned it appears to be correct in so much that it shows the correct members in the party, it has the correct dates, correct resort and correct tickets. However even though under "Tickets" it shows "14-day Disney's Ultimate Ticket (with Memory Maker" when I look at "Memory Maker Purchases" there's nothing there at all.
That's normal. The Memory Maker you get as part of the Ultimate tickets won't show in the Memory Maker section of MDE.

But don't worry. Once you've entered a park and had some photos taken, they will appear in your Photopass section, and you'll be able to download them.

The app on the other hand just doesn't seem to work at all.
Is this a common issue?
Yes. The app can be a quite glitchy and sometimes does not show all the things linked to your account. Or it can show incorrect things linked to your account (eg. the wrong hotel). The website can also have problems, although it tends not to be quite as bad as the app.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List