Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 14, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

My experience - I completed "savetime" but the email didn't tell me to go to the garage. I phoned Alamo in UK. The nice lady told me that "savetime" allowed me to avoid the desk and to go to the kiosk to process the booking. She advised me that having completed "savetime" I could then do OLCI. I now have paperwork that clearly tells me to go to the garage.
Old 9 Apr 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
I have always got a rental agreement at the gate when you have to produce your Credit card,Licence and Savetime.But Alamo should have sent you one in an Email when you booked in is 5 or 6 pages long.Your prepaid rental voucher page 2 is terms and conditions.
Just double checked and there is no attachment to the email they sent. I just have a single page showing the barcode and all the detail about the hire. My booking was through Charter Travel who gave me my confirmation number. Most of my details were already with Alamo as I have booked with them before.

The message on the online page apart from the insurance details etc is

Congratulations!

You have successfully checked in online!

.Don't like waiting in line?

You are not alone!

Visit Alamo kiosk and you will be on your way faster.

Follow these steps when you arrive at Orlando Intl Arpt
Take the elevator down to the first level
Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor. Please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

Looks like I may have to phone

Edited at 02:02 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

"Secondly. I did this last time I flew into MCO which was two trips ago. However for some reason only known to my lack of a satnav on my feet ended up in the wrong Alamo garage, went to the "hut" who spent an eternity trying to match my voucher etc. I had no idea there were two garages for Alamo or how I ended up at the wrong one. Therefore is there a "noddy" guide on how to get to the correct one?"

I can only assume that they expect you to pick up from the side you arrived on, so if you landed at A side but went to B side Alamo garage, that's why they had problems?

Mind you , I think that Virgin lands at A side but claim bags from B side ( or vice-versa) so I imagine lots of Virgin customers go to the "wrong" car rental side.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Just double checked and there is no attachment to the email they sent. I just have a single page showing the barcode and all the detail about the hire. My booking was through Charter Travel who gave me my confirmation number. Most of my details were already with Alamo as I have booked with them before.

The message on the online page apart from the insurance details etc is

Congratulations!

You have successfully checked in online!

.Don't like waiting in line?

You are not alone!

Visit Alamo kiosk and you will be on your way faster.

Follow these steps when you arrive at Orlando Intl Arpt
Take the elevator down to the first level
Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor. Please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

Looks like I may have to phone
In the passed when I have booked through UScarhire and didn't get a rental agreement I got one at the barrier using just Savetime. they have the same computers/printers in the Hut/barrier that they have at the desk. If not sure I would ask at the Hut in garage it is always staffed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
In the passed when I have booked through UScarhire and didn't get a rental agreement I got one at the barrier using just Savetime. they have the same computers/printers in the Hut/barrier that they have at the desk. If not sure I would ask at the Hut in garage it is always staffed.
I guess that there was a chance that this (rental agreement) would be printed off at the gate. However the last thing I wanted was having to go back to the counter to get an agreement.

There is still so much confusion over whether you need to go to the counter or not. There was a member on here a few months back whom was told to reverse and go back to the counter (show yourself if you're still around)

As has been said in a million threads before, OLCI is a privlidge for those booking through Virgin Holidays. Now whether Savetime works exactly the same is anyones guess? - If it does why not just title it OLCI?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
As has been said in a million threads before, OLCI is a privlidge for those booking through Virgin Holidays. Now whether Savetime works exactly the same is anyones guess? - If it does why not just title it OLCI?
The odd thing is I have done both savetime and OLCI for this trip and neither gives me the full rental agreement. I will phone but I have the almost certain feeling they will tell me to go to the counter.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gloomyjeremy View Post
Its a couple of years since I was there last, but from starting out at the Alamo desk inside the terminal (1 level down from domestic baggage claim). You turn 180 degrees, out through the double doors, get hit by the humidity, avoid getting hit by a bus, then up an escalator with 3 suitcases precariously dangled about my person then Taaadaahh, you are in the Alamo garage.

Think of it as a game of frogger, where the little houses for frogs have been replaced with SUV's and convertibles!
Lol,this appeals to my sense if humour.. Love it!
Libby29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kanes
Excited about Disney

Additional Drivers & Save Time

Just wondering, anyone done save time with additional drivers. We added in all the driver licence details etc.. for each additional driver but after completing OLCI and getting the barcode it mentions on it that additional drivers would need to go to the counter.

Is this the case? We have 2 cars booked but 4 adults so when collecting the cars there will be 2 adults in each car but wanted to have the option to drive either car.

Also expiry licence do you use the expiry date on the photocard licence or the one that is on the paper licence which is the day before your 70th birthday. I'd put the one off the paper part?

AOA & DIBB Villa May/June 2017
Veranda Palms May/June 2014
Bella Vida Resort April 2010
kanes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princessvix
Excited about Disney

princessvix's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I guess that there was a chance that this (rental agreement) would be printed off at the gate. However the last thing I wanted was having to go back to the counter to get an agreement.

There is still so much confusion over whether you need to go to the counter or not. There was a member on here a few months back whom was told to reverse and go back to the counter (show yourself if you're still around)

Me I had to reverse and go back to the counter.
But as has also been said in a million threads before, OLCI is NOT for virgin customers - it allows you to select any airline and any departure point in the world!

Edited at 10:02 PM.
princessvix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 14, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princessvix
Excited about Disney

princessvix's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
My experience - I completed "savetime" but the email didn't tell me to go to the garage. I phoned Alamo in UK. The nice lady told me that "savetime" allowed me to avoid the desk and to go to the kiosk to process the booking. She advised me that having completed "savetime" I could then do OLCI. I now have paperwork that clearly tells me to go to the garage.
Exactly! Most people who do Save time then OLCI get an email confirmation to "go to the garage". If you get this email then do that. If you get the confirmation that says to " go to the desk" then go to the desk! Simples
princessvix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread