Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 14, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What is it with Alamo Savetime?

OK, we have booked a car through rentalcars.com,using Alamo. I am,as you can no doubt expect, very keen to use Savetime. The problem I have (if indeed it is a problem) is that I have completed Savetime and OLCI, the confirmation emails I have received have no attachments,no contract/agreement (6 pages?) and no bar codes, it does say that I may use the kiosk, the e-Itinery has however got a bar code that I have managed to print. My confirmation email states 'go to the desk to obtain your agreement and keys'. I have contacted Alamo via facebook and emails,both state that as I have booked through a 3rd party I need to use the desk? Now,without the attachment,agreement or bar code on the confirmation email do we go to the garage or suffer the hard sell?:angry:

Thank you in advance for any information.
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fynnon View Post
OK, we have booked a car through rentalcars.com,using Alamo. I am,as you can no doubt expect, very keen to use Savetime. The problem I have (if indeed it is a problem) is that I have completed Savetime and OLCI, the confirmation emails I have received have no attachments,no contract/agreement (6 pages?) and no bar codes, it does say that I may use the kiosk, the e-Itinery has however got a bar code that I have managed to print. My confirmation email states 'go to the desk to obtain your agreement and keys'. I have contacted Alamo via facebook and emails,both state that as I have booked through a 3rd party I need to use the desk? Now,without the attachment,agreement or bar code on the confirmation email do we go to the garage or suffer the hard sell?:angry:

I can't understand why you don't have a barcode I would keep trying you can not go to the garage without it. It should be on the confirmation email the agreement is not inportant you get that at the barrier. This only works at MCO and not at SFB.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
meryvn
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I used the kiosk before the garage, this gave me my rental agreement and only took 5 minutes rather than the massive queue.
meryvn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by meryvn View Post
I used the kiosk before the garage, this gave me my rental agreement and only took 5 minutes rather than the massive queue.
Kiosk don't work for everybody they sometimes don't like British Driving Licences (too many numbers)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
I have tried and re-tried savetime/olci and still no barcode,only the one on the e-itinery. It looks like we may have to go to desk afterall.
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kanes
Excited about Disney

I had this problem my bar code printed off all black, I emailed and they said to go the counter. I took my chances and just went the garage and it was fine the lady I kiosk didn't even mention it just processed it.

AOA & DIBB Villa May/June 2017
Veranda Palms May/June 2014
Bella Vida Resort April 2010
kanes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
Originally Posted by kanes View Post
I had this problem my bar code printed off all black, I emailed and they said to go the counter. I took my chances and just went the garage and it was fine the lady I kiosk didn't even mention it just processed it.

Was your barcode attached to your confirmation then? or was it the one on the e-itinery?

Old 1 Jun 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Was your barcode attached to your confirmation then? or was it the one on the e-itinery?
From what I remember the bar code is displayed in the browser when you do ST. I don't remember it being in an email.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I have a printout with the barcode at the top, however, in the same box it also says:-

'Here's what you do to pick up your car: Take elevator down to the first level. Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor in the airport terminal. Proceed to that counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys'

I thought I could go straight to the garage?
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Now,without the attachment,agreement or bar code on the confirmation email do we go to the garage or suffer the hard sell?:angry:

To be honest, when we've collected from the counter in previous years we've never experienced any kind of hard sell from them. Other half just tells them when he hands over the paperwork that he's not interested in any upgrades etc and they just process it.
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread