Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 14, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
To be honest, when we've collected from the counter in previous years we've never experienced any kind of hard sell from them. Other half just tells them when he hands over the paperwork that he's not interested in any upgrades etc and they just process it.
If your happy to go to the desk I would go there, It's just some people have had a bad experience at the desks so this gives them another choice.Last year with Hertz I waited more than an hour, staff said try the Kiosks, I spent 30mins trying to imput my details only to be told to go to the desk, By this time the queue had moved on so back of the queue for me and a bill for personal insurance that I didn't want or ask for but did sign for,But standing in a queue after a 9 hour flight for over 2 hours it was some thing I overlooked, This year with Alamo SaveTime from walking into the garage to driving down the road was no more than 10mins.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools2
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
I have a printout with the barcode at the top, however, in the same box it also says:-

'Here's what you do to pick up your car: Take elevator down to the first level. Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor in the airport terminal. Proceed to that counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys'

I thought I could go straight to the garage?
I had exactly the same details a couple of trips back, I went straight to the garage and it was OK.

All you need is the bar code. you hand the paper work with the barcode on, your drving license and your credit card to the person in the kiosk at the exit after you have picked your car. They process it and give you your rental agreement and off you go.
Old 1 Jun 14, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum3
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by fynnon View Post
OK, we have booked a car through rentalcars.com,using Alamo. I am,as you can no doubt expect, very keen to use Savetime. The problem I have (if indeed it is a problem) is that I have completed Savetime and OLCI, the confirmation emails I have received have no attachments,no contract/agreement (6 pages?) and no bar codes, it does say that I may use the kiosk, the e-Itinery has however got a bar code that I have managed to print. My confirmation email states 'go to the desk to obtain your agreement and keys'. I have contacted Alamo via facebook and emails,both state that as I have booked through a 3rd party I need to use the desk? Now,without the attachment,agreement or bar code on the confirmation email do we go to the garage or suffer the hard sell?:angry:

Thank you in advance for any information.
I have the same thing, with a barcode on the e-itinerary but not on anything else, so would be interested to know if anyone else has used this and not had any problems.
disneymum3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd be interested to know too - not going til Dec but just done Savetime and OLCI. We have a barcode at the top of the e-tinerary bit but not on the OLCI paperwork. Says to go to desk/kiosk but would prefer to go straight to garage if possible.

Will this work?
Old 1 Jun 14, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneymum3 View Post
I have the same thing, with a barcode on the e-itinerary but not on anything else, so would be interested to know if anyone else has used this and not had any problems.
All I had was Savetime with Barcode and it worked for me 3 weeks ago as it did the last 6 times.
Old 1 Jun 14, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'd be interested to know too - not going til Dec but just done Savetime and OLCI. We have a barcode at the top of the e-tinerary bit but not on the OLCI paperwork. Says to go to desk/kiosk but would prefer to go straight to garage if possible.

Will this work?
Savetime and OLCI are really the same thing you only need Savetime and Barcode worked for me 3 weeks ago and the last 6 trips.
Old 1 Jun 14, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks guys - seems like we have what we need. Yippee!
Old 1 Jun 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Can we use OCLI at any time or do we have to wait until a couple of days before our holiday? We have already booked and paid for our car from rentalcars.com. Thank you
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel5678 View Post
Can we use OCLI at any time or do we have to wait until a couple of days before our holiday? We have already booked and paid for our car from rentalcars.com. Thank you
I was just gonna ask the same question lol
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
bubbleand
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

My recent experience (april 2014) was. Booked via Brits, did savetime and went straight to the garage with my paperwork and barcode (paperwork said go to desk although it included barcode). Staff in garage asked to see paperwork and said that I need to go to desk, as stated on my paperwork. They would not let me get a car or try using the printed barcode. I ended up going over to desk, fortunately short que. Family waited in garage. Bit annoying but eventually sorted. Going back in august. Will go straight to desk rather than wasting time trying to shortcut. Just my experience.
bubbleand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread