Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 14, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Please help...been ripped off by Alamo.

I I'm wondering if anyone can please help me. We had a fly drive through virgin holidays and got back June 1st. We just checked our credit card and Alamo have charged us £387.47! We took fully inclusive inssurance by virgin holidays and we had a deal with a free car seat. We agreed to pay for the petrol and drove through 4 tolls using sun pass over two days. What on earth is this and what can I do? Sadly we no longer have the rental agreement or number I'm so worried as we no longer have the documents we can't do anything. Please help. Thank you.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
While you may longer have the details Alamo will. give them a call and ask for the details of what has been charged for.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Phone them and question it, we always write on the back of the rentals agreements , all extras not required. Two years ago they tried the same with us and when I said look on the back of your rental agreement, she came back and said, I will credit your account immediately. They are always out to make extra money, so stand your ground and if you get no joy ask for the number for head office, also phone your credit card company and dispute the charge, they will put a hold on the money.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Don't let it go either. We got charged for a carseat we didn't receive and a tank of fuel (already paid for) - my dad was in a rush as they refused to let us go with him to the car and then tried to make him leave the car park without (all 8 of) us. Few phonecalls/emails and we were sorted. We also included Virgin in the cc section so that we were being transparent with contacting both companies. It was sorted rather quickly. Check your emails to see if there's still an E copy of your original booking.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

Will they send a bill? It just started on the credit card bill t&e sic code. I'm so annoyed. Their office is now closed apparently will try in the morning. I do not have an email address for them. Does anyone? Thank you.

May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Similar happened to me. I contacted Virgin and they investigated for me. It turned out to be an 'upgrade charge' as apparently we had driven away in a moderate instead of an economy car.

The thing was we had been told to take any car from a particular line of cars and assured they were all economy.

We contacted Virgin as I said, who found this out for us and contacted Alamo on our behalf. Within a week or two Alamo refunded the money and Virgin also compensated us handsomely (even though it was not their fault).

Definitely get in touch with VH. Hope you get your money back.
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

My dad once got charges off £800 on his cc from alamo and I can't believe he never got his money back, he said he tried but not sure he tried very hard... makes me very mad 😧
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We had similar happen to us in 2009, ended up claiming under section 75 of our credit card T&C's. Put us off using Alamo, however, we have used them this year, so hopefully we have learnt what to do

I'd def recommend writing on the agreement that you have refused any extras in future, saves any hassle later on.

Reading the other posts though, looks like Virgin will be able to sort it for you, so good luck.
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Well I managed to find the number and have pulled up the bill online. And it states the following which is rather confusing?

Upgrade time and distance -$515-21
1 rental $468.37
1 rental $515.21
Fuel $86.42
Priv fee recov 10pct. 8.64
Priv fee recove 10 pct 46.84
Tax 6.18
Tax 33.49
Total charges $649.00

We had paid for a intermediate car and were told to choose from the mid size row. We chose a standard car of which there were many in the row Chrysler 200

do you think we have been charged upgrades? The bill is confusing me?

May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Contact your credit card company and tell them that its an unauthorised charge, they will do all the fighting for you.
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread