Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 14, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Contact VH. Doesn't fully inclusive insurance with virgin include a tank of fuel or is that a higher class of insurance?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you. The fully does not include fuel. We agreed to pay it when we did online check in. I will have to wait until tomorrow to contact virgin as that dept are closed now I have emailed them in the meantime. Thank you.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks like you have indeed been charged for an upgrade plus other charges. Can I ask did you check the rental contract when you signed it ?

If so what charges were on it, the fuel maybe ?
Makes a difference when trying to get your money back.
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

Well my hubby was the driver, he didn't remember signing anything at any time. We did online check in, would he have signed when driving out or when bringing the car back?

May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

Does anyone know if the Chrysler 200 is classed as mid size?

May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You have certainly taken a car that's a standard rather than intermediate looking at the Alamo website, I take it they have classed that as an upgrade, problem is proving that they told you you take any car from that row given its not in writing.
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBERIFFIC View Post
Contact your credit card company and tell them that its an unauthorised charge, they will do all the fighting for you.
I would suggest you absolutely DONT do this yet.
You need to understand what has happened before doing anything like this. If you do this and you are wrong, this will be held on your file.
You need to check what you actually signed for at the time of the rental and whether you selected the correct car. Was the total zero? If not, then you are relying on good will to get a refund as you will pay what you signed for. If you selected the wrong car - this is your responsibility and they will likely not accept that some guy told you to take it - again you will be relying on good will.
Once you have all the facts (possibly some from Alamo), the you can decide objectively what to do.
If you "go off on one" you will likely get nowhere.
Get the facts and deal with Alamo professionally and politely. That way you will have the best chance of a positive result.
I know this is difficult but keep calm!
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorky View Post
You have certainly taken a car that's a standard rather than intermediate looking at the Alamo website, I take it they have classed that as an upgrade, problem is proving that they told you you take any car from that row given its not in writing.
Grrrrr there were loads of them in the mid size row. I wouldn't see that car as an upgrade it's was rubbish to be honest and I certainly wouldn't have paid anymore for it. How annoying. They always just tell you to chose from the row, that's so very annoying. I hope we get it back as it clearly was in the mid size row. So cross and upset. It's really tainted the holiday now after coming back so happy. I will speak with virgin and hope they support us in this.

May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would suggest you absolutely DONT do this yet.
You need to understand what has happened before doing anything like this. If you do this and you are wrong, this will be held on your file.
You need to check what you actually signed for at the time of the rental and whether you selected the correct car. Was the total zero? If not, then you are relying on good will to get a refund as you will pay what you signed for. If you selected the wrong car - this is your responsibility and they will likely not accept that some guy told you to take it - again you will be relying on good will.
Once you have all the facts (possibly some from Alamo), the you can decide objectively what to do.
If you "go off on one" you will likely get nowhere.
Get the facts and deal with Alamo professionally and politely. That way you will have the best chance of a positive result.
I know this is difficult but keep calm!
All true, you have to know what you signed for and I'm struggling to think your husband will not have signed the contract even with online check in, it's certainly a higher class of car and as my post above can you show they asked you to pick from that line or is it your word against theirs ?
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by champagnegirl26 View Post
Grrrrr there were loads of them in the mid size row. I wouldn't see that car as an upgrade it's was rubbish to be honest and I certainly wouldn't have paid anymore for it. How annoying. They always just tell you to chose from the row, that's so very annoying. I hope we get it back as it clearly was in the mid size row. So cross and upset. It's really tainted the holiday now after coming back so happy. I will speak with virgin and hope they support us in this.
You certainly have my sympathy, i've got no respect for the way hire car companies do business.
While its always buyer beware they do things in a less than perfect way for me.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread