Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by headpin View Post
Yes and yes. And when checking in I added the fuel option as we are always in a last minute panic on way back to airport. And, checking current Orlando fuel prices, a couple of cents a gallon I can live with. Maybe adding the fuel has confused the process?
That's the issue then.

Check the "view requirements" at the bottom of this page...

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
footman
Proud to wear my Ears

After doing the online check in I got the confirmation email from Alamo reservations.
I click on the "bypass the counter" option on this email and it takes me to a confirmation of itinerary page with the option to print it off.
It has a red band across the top with
You cannot modify this reservation online. To modify or cancel, please call (888) 826-6893

Kiosk for me!

Edit: I also have the prepay fuel option so that's why I cannot bypass the counter. Problem solved.
Still the kiosk though!
Thanks to those for their help.

Edited at 12:10 PM.
footman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

i have copied the post below from another thread i posted on the other day. we both had prepay fuel option.

decided to give this ago last night. DSIL and family are travelling with us and have exactly the same booking as in type of car, times, pre pay, etc. we both completed save time and online checkin and had the skip the counter option on the right hand side of the page. i completed mine with no problems but when she started the skip the counter process it initially let her start entering details but after about 60 seconds reverted to a reservations page. she tried multiple times afterwards and everytime she clicked on the skip the counter the page redirected within 2 seconds of opening.
not exactly sure what the glitch is but its just a example of how it works for some and not others
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to be going back over these threads when it is my time to do this.

Yorkshire_Dan, you have been very helpful on a few of the threads I have read - do you have the time to do a step by step process for this for in the guidebook at all? I know this is a very cheeky request but it may help lots of others too.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - Ł168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by oeamon View Post
i have copied the post below from another thread i posted on the other day. we both had prepay fuel option.

decided to give this ago last night. DSIL and family are travelling with us and have exactly the same booking as in type of car, times, pre pay, etc. we both completed save time and online checkin and had the skip the counter option on the right hand side of the page. i completed mine with no problems but when she started the skip the counter process it initially let her start entering details but after about 60 seconds reverted to a reservations page. she tried multiple times afterwards and everytime she clicked on the skip the counter the page redirected within 2 seconds of opening.
not exactly sure what the glitch is but its just a example of how it works for some and not others
This is exactly what happened to me, managed to put in credit card details.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jclutton View Post
On advice from this forum I walked cheerfully into the garage at MCO with a spring in my step and my print out with my bar code on it in my hand. As I approached a guy from Alamo asked which car class I was looking for, I said 7 seater, he asked to see my paperwork and shook his head when I showed it to him. He pointed to the part on the paperwork which says I need to go to the kiosk and tells me to go back into the main building, I told him I had been told just to get the car and give my details as I left, he said no you need to go back inside. I go back in looking for the kiosks to get my car, find a few in front of the Alamo desk and start the process, but the kiosk wouldn't let me complete, so I tried another which wouldn't let me complete either, so reluctantly I queued up to speak to a sales rep, after 5-10 mins I got to the front of the queue to be greeted by a smiling spawn of the devil who proceeded to tell me I hadn't got a big enough car for my needs, I replied happily that it wasn't my first trip to Florida and pointed out that my family of 4 should easily fit in a 7 seater, but he was adamant that I would end up having to tie my daughter to the roof, but I stood my ground. He then said for only $300 more I could get a 8 seater with leather seats, DVD screens in the back, reversing camera, the works he said, I stood my ground again. He then changed gear and went on that I hadn't enough insurance ( I had taken Virgin Platinum Insurance, as I always do and never had any issues) he said I needed to pay another $200 for breakdown insurance and another $140 for tyre damage insurance otherwise I could be liable for $1000's if anything happened, again I stood my ground, my voice rising the longer I was kept prisoner at the desk, I was happy I was in Florida but getting really annoyed at the B-S I was getting. Eventually I got my paperwork and returned to my family who were getting worried about me as I had been at the desk for nearly 40 mins. As I found the correct line of cars I picked a Chrysler Town and Country with only 500 miles on the clock, full leather, DVD screens iin the back and reversing camera, the works, a lovely car.
So in summary, Alamo Savetime didn't save time and Alamo sales reps are
sorry you had such a struggle at the desk but you have actually answered an upgrade question I had. For the last 5 days of our holiday we may need an 8 seater vehicle rather than the 7 seater we have booked. I didn't know what it would cost to upgrade at the desk for the whole rental period or would it be cheaper to hire an extra small vechicle just for the last few days(but that would mean I have to drive ). Knowing my luck there will be no 8 seaters available when we go though!
Old 2 Mar 15, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to be going back over these threads when it is my time to do this.

Yorkshire_Dan, you have been very helpful on a few of the threads I have read - do you have the time to do a step by step process for this for in the guidebook at all? I know this is a very cheeky request but it may help lots of others too.
Of course. Do you want me to message you with it?
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
Does it not let you login to the OLCI ? I used the confirmation number that you receive on the SaveTime confirmation email. It's also displayed above Alamo SaveTime barcode (9 digits).

For my SaveTime, I used by booking ref.
Hi, no it's just not an option. I also have the pre-paid fuel option on there which after reading this thread I shouldn't have bothered with! Looks like it's the kiosk/counter for us! Daft question I know, but I assume the kiosk is just a self-service machine you can use instead of queuing for the counter?
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I've just read this on the Alamo website regarding skipping the counter which may help some:

Skip the Counter" Requirements
In order for a reservation to be eligible for "Skip the Counter," it must meet these requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers “Skip the Counter” Check a location for eligibility.

• Reservation must not exceed 30 days.

• Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.

• Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. fuel, mobility devices, etc.).

• Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party (i.e. Voucher, Business Account, etc.).

• Renter must use a major credit card to secure rental (debit cards do not qualify).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Please read my sticky guide for Alamo rentals.
Closed Thread