Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 15, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

I've done save time and online check in and I've still not got a bypass voucher !

I have a link in my email to bypass the counter when ever I click it I just get directed to a copy of my booking ?

Guess I'm going to have to que up argh if I knew this I would of used another company like hertz or avis and not had to que so long
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I've done save time and online check in and I've still not got a bypass voucher !

I have a link in my email to bypass the counter when ever I click it I just get directed to a copy of my booking ?

Guess I'm going to have to que up argh if I knew this I would of used another company like hertz or avis and not had to que so long
Is it not on the right hand side of that booking page?

If not, you could try using the check in link and logging in directly and seeing if the skip the counter feature is on there?

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

See my sticky for requirements, such as pre-pay, fuel etc!
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

This is exactly why I cancelled my Alamo Brits reservation, which also took some doing I tell you, All Alamo staff tell you something different, but that's another story. I tried to do online check-in with Alamo/Brits but it wouldn't let me because my first name was just my initial(How on earth that happened I do not know but the result was the same, major fail) also, I had prepaid ( another thing where some people still manage to check in online and others don't, I clearly didn't manage it) I cancelled my booking and went back to Virgin Holidays. I booked last Friday and guess what? I'm all checked in today with a piece of paper that has my barcode and in big letters above it says your online check in has been confirmed and underneath the barcode "If you have checked in online you can proceed directly to the garage" RESULT! Think I will just stick with what seems to work for me in future, and thats Virgin Holidays car rental.

Edited at 11:22 PM.
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
Seriously, read what has been said.

Savetime and online check in is not sufficient, you also need to complete skip the counter.
Wow, ok, thank you I 'Seriously' did read it

And asked as I booked Alamo Brits not Alamo and wondered if the process was the same guessing it is but doesn't hurt to ask.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Looks like it's the counter for me then as I've pre-paid with Alamo Brits. I'll just say to them that I don't want any upgrades before they start talking so they don't waste their or my time more than they need to
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadFan View Post
Wow, ok, thank you I 'Seriously' did read it

And asked as I booked Alamo Brits not Alamo and wondered if the process was the same guessing it is but doesn't hurt to ask.
Apologies, was having a bad day! Everything you need to know is in a sticky I created.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Apologies, was having a bad day! Everything you need to know is in a sticky I created.
Apology accepted haha, have read the sticky thanks, we haven't prepaid so will give this a go
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
We also have a 7 seater booked and there are 7 of us lol, so what upgrade are they going to offer us lol - an A-Team van!
Just tell them that are only 3 or 4 of you. They will be prepared to lie to you to get you to upgrade, so it's only fair if you're not entirely honest with them.
Old 7 Mar 15, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Army
Earning More Ears

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to go straight to the garage to collect my car and avoid going to the Alamo desk at the airport. There are so many threads on here relating to this it has confused me.

I booked my car yesterday for our visit in May and I have registered my details with save time. I have a print out with a bar code on. However it states on the print out
Here's what you do to pick up your car:

•Take the elevator down to the first level, Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor in the airport terminal. Proceed to the counter obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

This means that I can't go straight to the garage. Do I need to do something else?
Jack Army is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it's slightly different for Virgin bookings.

When it's Virgin I think OLCI is sufficient as I believe the skip the counter is included. But that's for Virgin bookings only.
This is the same for me. We have booked (car hire only) through Virgin Alamo and I have done "Online Check-in" and is has been confirmed. The voucher with barcode says "If you have checked in online you can proceed directly to the garage".

Originally Posted by Icklpixie View Post
I've just read this on the Alamo website regarding skipping the counter which may help some:

Skip the Counter" Requirements
In order for a reservation to be eligible for "Skip the Counter," it must meet these requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers “Skip the Counter” Check a location for eligibility.

• Reservation must not exceed 30 days.

• Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.

Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. fuel, mobility devices, etc.).

• Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party (i.e. Voucher, Business Account, etc.).

• Renter must use a major credit card to secure rental (debit cards do not qualify).
As I have said above I have booked through Virgin Alamo. I paid with my debit card, then when I did my online check in I add "return fuel at any level" for $40. This is charged for at time of rental (on my credit card which I had to input details at this point.

I can go straight to garage.

Don't know why they have different systems in place for different agencies, just adds to the confusion.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread