Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 15, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
hi great guide but can you clear 1 point up for me
"Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. fuel, mobility devices, etc.)."
so I assumes this means to use this service I cannot pre pay for fuel and I would have to fill the car up before I return it.
No, not necessarily.

From what I understand, you can still decide which fuel preferences etc you require upon leaving the garage.

In order to complete Skip the Counter you just should not select these options before!
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieVacadam View Post
Too true. I cannot be bothered with the upgrade stuff at the end of a long flight. I have quite a short temper when I'm tired so its not the best time to try and sell me stuff I don't want or need.

Thanks again for the guide
Ha! I'm exactly the same, that's why I did some research on this, I just could not be bothered to risk being sent back to the queue at the desk after a long flight after thinking I would be straight to the garage to select my car! Even if the chances of being sent back were slim! Better to be safe than sorry!
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
Any chance you could help? Really not sure who is who!
PM to Stu or SMAX. They will come up when you type them into a message.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We must have been lucky then as we had a car for over 30 days, 42 to be precise and we had no problems with the "Save Time". In and out in 15 mins.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
We must have been lucky then as we had a car for over 30 days, 42 to be precise and we had no problems with the "Save Time". In and out in 15 mins.
Yup! A lot of people do "get away with it". All this is for is to make people aware of the official procedure
Old 2 Mar 15, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Not sure what my problem is! I have not selected any options such as prepay fuel - and it lets me do online check in - shows button for skip the queue on right side of page - but when I click it I am taken back to making a reservation page. Any ideas?
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Not sure what my problem is! I have not selected any options such as prepay fuel - and it lets me do online check in - shows button for skip the queue on right side of page - but when I click it I am taken back to making a reservation page. Any ideas?
Did you input your flight number?

Can't really think what else could be causing you a problem.

Who did you book with?

Do you have a link for bypass the counter in your check in confirmation email?
Old 2 Mar 15, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
hi great guide but can you clear 1 point up for me
"Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. fuel, mobility devices, etc.)."
so I assumes this means to use this service I cannot pre pay for fuel and I would have to fill the car up before I return it.
I booked through Virgin. I then added "return fuel at any level) and charge of $40. This was when I checked in online. This charge will be applied at time of rental. I now have an e ticket "your online check-in with Alamo has been confirmed" and in the pickup instructions "If you have checked in online you can proceed directly to the garage where you will be assisted by both a virgin holiday and alamo rep".
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
svt153
Very Serious Dibber

Great post! I thought that the fact that we have chosen to pay on arrival would mean we would have to go to the counter to pay. It looks like it's the other way round! 😕
svt153 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Fantastic post and even better that it's been made a sticky. Well done