Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Aug 15, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

I can see it...
it doesn't say that on mine... looks exactly the same minus the 'rate subject to change' statement.

I have attached a screen shot...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	62688  
1996 - ASMusic 2000 - Econolodge Hawaiian 2002 - Offsite villa somewhere... 2003 - Cumbrian Lakes 2005 - Emerald Island & Nickelodeon Hotel 2007 - Formosa Gardens and RPR 2008 - Orange Tree 2010 - Tuscan Hills & RPR 2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level 2022 - BEACH CLUB & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mine looks the same as Mrs Disney same rate code too - only difference is the price and tha'ts because I used a CPD code on mine
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
thehoggmeister
Trainee Dibber

I am considering doing a back up booking through Hertz for the same dates using pay at Location. I can get a full size car for $580 for three weeks in March/April 2016. Not as good as an Escalade but plenty big enough for the 3 of us.
This should cover us should Hertz start playing about with my price. I have checked and it has not changed. I even amended it yesterday to add a Mousesavers CDP code 2011420 to get an extra 10% off my rate and received a new confirmation email at $637 for my dates. I just need them to confirm that I can cancel apay at Location rate without any charge.
thehoggmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thehoggmeister View Post
I am considering doing a back up booking through Hertz for the same dates using pay at Location. I can get a full size car for $580 for three weeks in March/April 2016. Not as good as an Escalade but plenty big enough for the 3 of us.
This should cover us should Hertz start playing about with my price. I have checked and it has not changed. I even amended it yesterday to add a Mousesavers CDP code 2011420 to get an extra 10% off my rate and received a new confirmation email at $637 for my dates. I just need them to confirm that I can cancel apay at Location rate without any charge.
Interestingly when I tried to add a CDP code, and checked the box to keep my current rate, it is showing as not available.
1996 - ASMusic 2000 - Econolodge Hawaiian 2002 - Offsite villa somewhere... 2003 - Cumbrian Lakes 2005 - Emerald Island & Nickelodeon Hotel 2007 - Formosa Gardens and RPR 2008 - Orange Tree 2010 - Tuscan Hills & RPR 2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level 2022 - BEACH CLUB & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I was just worried about using CDP's as i know they dont normally ask for id, but i was thinking that if they have to give you the car at the rate you booked they may get funny about the CDP's

Any excuse not to give it to you at the cheap price,

i was under the impression that any bookings made before 12 months were subject to change but the bookings inside 12 months where guaranteed!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
thehoggmeister
Trainee Dibber

No proof of ID needed for mousesavers. I would subscribe to their newsletter just in case. Hertz allow you to add a CPD code to an existing booking without changing the initial rate you booked at ie. they take 10% off your existing booking without checking current rates. Make sure the keep current rate box is ticked. You can get lots of CDP codes through AA, Virgin Flyimg Club, Amex etc. If the rate is valid on the day you arrive and they have not contacted you then they have to honour it by their t&cs.
thehoggmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

No proof of ID needed for mousesavers. I would subscribe to their newsletter just in case. Hertz allow you to add a CPD code to an existing booking without changing the initial rate you booked at ie. they take 10% off your existing booking without checking current rates. Make sure the keep current rate box is ticked. You can get lots of CDP codes through AA, Virgin Flyimg Club, Amex etc. If the rate is valid on the day you arrive and they have not contacted you then they have to honour it by their t&cs.
oh really?

i might try and use that mousesavers one then!

im anxious to see what happens when i get to 12 months out!
Old 10 Aug 15, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

It wouldn't let me do this... even checking the keep current rate box.
Anyway, my sister has checked her booking - and it has not changed either.
Old 10 Aug 15, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Disney View Post
It wouldn't let me do this... even checking the keep current rate box.
Anyway, my sister has checked her booking - and it has not changed either.
do you and your sister go at the same time?
Old 10 Aug 15, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dory17 View Post
do you and your sister go at the same time?
yes we do
Closed Thread