Notices

Old 17 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Thanks! We are!

Yes it does feel bigger than CBR. I think it’s partly because Casitas itself has 5 buildings and they are 4 storeys high. Looking at the mess CBR is in with construction still going on I’m glad we changed though.

We picked up the car Sunday and yes I missed it! I do not like getting the bus .
What construction mess at CBR? I thought it had all pretty much finished now? Hope it has by the time we go next month. With the Skyliner scheduled to open on 29th September, I think we should be okay.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
What construction mess at CBR? I thought it had all pretty much finished now? Hope it has by the time we go next month. With the Skyliner scheduled to open on 29th September, I think we should be okay.
To be fair it’s the Riviera resort rather than CBR. I’m sure when you get into the resort it’s fine but from outside it looks awful. Part of me thinks we should have stuck with the preferred room at CBR and saved some money as we do like the style of the resort. I’m glad I tried CSR though and it has loads to offer but I don’t like the style of Casitas. Too many big buildings.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
To be fair it’s the Riviera resort rather than CBR. I’m sure when you get into the resort it’s fine but from outside it looks awful. Part of me thinks we should have stuck with the preferred room at CBR and saved some money as we do like the style of the resort. I’m glad I tried CSR though and it has loads to offer but I don’t like the style of Casitas. Too many big buildings.
Ah, thank you. That makes me feel a bit better. I just won't look in that direction if it's still bad when we get there What do you think of the actual CBR refurb? I can't wait to see it. A shame about CSR though, but it can be small things like that which can be off putting.

How you getting on with the QSDP? You did stick with it didn't you, or did I miss a post where you upgraded?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Ah, thank you. That makes me feel a bit better. I just won't look in that direction if it's still bad when we get there What do you think of the actual CBR refurb? I can't wait to see it. A shame about CSR though, but it can be small things like that which can be off putting.

How you getting on with the QSDP? You did stick with it didn't you, or did I miss a post where you upgraded?
We haven’t been inside CBR but I’m tempted to go there for dinner one night to have a look. I’m rethinking next year’s plans so may have a look at POFQ too. Although another stay at CSR would be fine. I don’t hate it, I don’t think I’ve hated any Disney resort, it’s just that OKW is our favourite and I never seem to feel the same way at other resorts.

We’re getting on fine with QSDP. I’ve actually cancelled Liberty Tree Tavern as I’m happy to have a QS dinner in MK that night. I do miss a nice sit down dinner though!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

I was thinking about it while we were at the pool there. We really love OKW and consider it our home resort however with price increases it’s becoming harder to justify. A stay at a deluxe with free dining gives you TS meals which we also love but also increases parking costs (although not sure about OKW on a cash booking?) and means tips. So not only is it more expensive for the room but the additional things increase that further. That means I’m constantly on the lookout for a moderate that we feel the same way about as we do OKW. I’ve liked them all and would happily stay at any of them again but I don’t love them as much as OKW. So it’s not that there’s anything wrong with CSR as such, just that it hasn’t become our new favourite.

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's really interesting to hear your thought on CSR.

When we stayed in 2017 I liked it, there was nothing wrong with it, but I just didn't love it. We were also in Casitas so perhaps that had something to do with it, I felt like the promotional images of Casitas makes it look gorgeous but in person the theming is a bit lacking. I am hoping we get Ranchos or Cabanas this year to see if my opinion will change.

Getting way ahead of myself now but your future may lie in renting DVC points, you'd get to stay where you wanted and get free parking. I thought the prices for moderate with upgraded DP for next year were quite high, Value with DDP was actually coming out cheaper for once.

OH has the same relationship with POR as you have with OKW, nothing compares for him. I'm a bit more open and really loved CBR last year but I don't think I would feel the same this year as I really do not like the Skyliner.

Vickie, the Riveria construction shouldn't be anything to worry about, especially now the main entrance has been moved, last year we drove past it every day and my mum constantly commented on how ugly was but I don't think it will be an issue for you, particularly now they are a year further on and the building is looking gorgeous.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It's really interesting to hear your thought on CSR.

When we stayed in 2017 I liked it, there was nothing wrong with it, but I just didn't love it. We were also in Casitas so perhaps that had something to do with it, I felt like the promotional images of Casitas makes it look gorgeous but in person the theming is a bit lacking. I am hoping we get Ranchos or Cabanas this year to see if my opinion will change.

Getting way ahead of myself now but your future may lie in renting DVC points, you'd get to stay where you wanted and get free parking. I thought the prices for moderate with upgraded DP for next year were quite high, Value with DDP was actually coming out cheaper for once.

OH has the same relationship with POR as you have with OKW, nothing compares for him. I'm a bit more open and really loved CBR last year but I don't think I would feel the same this year as I really do not like the Skyliner.

Vickie, the Riveria construction shouldn't be anything to worry about, especially now the main entrance has been moved, last year we drove past it every day and my mum constantly commented on how ugly was but I don't think it will be an issue for you, particularly now they are a year further on and the building is looking gorgeous.
I’ve always said that if free dining stopped we’d rent DVC. Having food included just makes such a difference though and with the exchange rate the way it is I just feel it’s the best deal for us.

We drive round past Ranchos and Cabanas this morning and Cabanas looks more my cup of tea. If we end up sticking with CSR I’ll request that area.

Trip Report Index