Notices

Old 12 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there we've had a great day today, made it on Crush first thing, there was no running...I thought of you I'm so tired now though, my fitbit is showing 29,854 steps for today and I even managed a nap this afternoon for an hour while we chilled out in the hotel room.
Hahaha! Glad my moment of disgrace lives on. I really didn’t realise how much I was missing some Disney magic until reading this - you might start a stampede of us rushing over now!
Ending the day on the carousel sounds lovely 😍
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
It sounds like you are having an absolutely amazing time and I really wish I was there! We should have been travelling today... Sounds absolutely magical and so lovely to hear about someone experiencing that Disney magic again Did you get the Welcome Back song as you walked in to the parks? That makes me cry every time I hear it!
Travel days are the worst to see go by ... without actually going anywhere we've heard the welcome back song a few times. This afternoon we sat on a bench just outside Disneyland Park, near the fountains and had a rest before walking back to the hotel and it was lovely listening to all the music.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Hahaha! Glad my moment of disgrace lives on. I really didn’t realise how much I was missing some Disney magic until reading this - you might start a stampede of us rushing over now!
Ending the day on the carousel sounds lovely 😍
Today we ended with a ride on Tower of Terror. It was fab, I didn't hold on and I was pretty proud of myself

Special Thanks to MrsStitch

We had lunch at Hakuna Matata today, Kate had the wrap and I had chicken salad and then, cos we are little piggies, we had dinner at Annette's both were a bit, neither of us could finish our fries at Annette's though there were so many.

I'm really grateful for your tips, they were fab x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

How fabulous so pleased you and Kate are having fun. Have a spin on Its a Small World for me...it was always our last ride to help the girls to go to sleep!😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

OH MY GOSH ABBY! You are so wonderfully naughty.

I have been staying away as it is just too sad for me that you weren't in Disney but now you are! How wonderful, I am SO thrilled for you. Have a magical time xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
How fabulous so pleased you and Kate are having fun. Have a spin on Its a Small World for me...it was always our last ride to help the girls to go to sleep!😊
Hey there, I've been thinking of you both the last couple of days

I hope you had a good time on Orkney.

While it's not Orlando, it has been hotter than the surface of the sun most days and so it's sure felt like Orlando. I've not had anyone to drink cocktails with though sitting in a bar with just your 13 year old daughter doesn't make for a cocktail sort of night . I'm hoping your countdown means you might be considering a do over for next summer.

We've done small world a few times now as Kate likes to name all the countries. We've also spotted a few Disney movies represented too. There's Pegasus in Greece for Hercules, there's chimney sweeps in Enlgand for Mary Poppins, there's Ariel for Little Mermaid, the genie coming out the lamp for Aladdin. There's probably loads more that we've not spotted yet.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
OH MY GOSH ABBY! You are so wonderfully naughty.

I have been staying away as it is just too sad for me that you weren't in Disney but now you are! How wonderful, I am SO thrilled for you. Have a magical time xxx
It has been a really good trip

This week would have been our DVC stay, we would be checking out of Boardwalk tomorrow and into AKL. Instead, we are checking out of Santa Fe to go home. But it's ok I'm not sad for what could have been, well not anymore. We've crammed in so much, my feet are killing me, we're not even going to set an alarm for tomorrow to catch extra magic time as we don't really have anything we are desperate to do as we've done it all. The Eurostar is at 16.55 tomorrow so we have all day, we're going to try and make the most of the last day but not kill ourselves. We've done all the attractions, multiple times, well we've done most of the attractions multiple times. Crush has only been done once but it's had a fairly consistent 40minute wait all trip and we aren't doing long waits. We did Crush first thing plan during extra magic as we don't really bother riding anything with a 20 minute or more wait posted and we knew that was our best chance.

While I'm not a fan of having to wear masks as a means to an end they are worth it and wearing the mask hasn't spoilt our trip. We've both got used to it and I'm glad we came. I can't wait to share it all with you properly.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Abby I am so sorry I haven’t been on here for a while.
I am so delighted for you and Kate that you have managed a sneaky 5 days in DLP! It’s been so long since I’ve been, I think it was 2010, Hope and Sam were so tiny 😬
I can’t wait to read your trip report, it’s been so long since I’ve read one 😭
Have a lovely last day tomorrow and that you get home safely xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad you’ve had a good trip - enjoy your last day. I’ve just seen they’re adding France to the quarantine list from Saturday morning so looks like you’ve timed it just right!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Abby I am so sorry I haven’t been on here for a while.
I am so delighted for you and Kate that you have managed a sneaky 5 days in DLP! It’s been so long since I’ve been, I think it was 2010, Hope and Sam were so tiny 😬
I can’t wait to read your trip report, it’s been so long since I’ve read one 😭
Have a lovely last day tomorrow and that you get home safely xx
No apology needed. We have had a brilliant time and crammed in everything, well all that we wanted to do. I couldn't persuade Kate to go to any character meets. Princess Hall meet and greet has been 10 minutes wait the whole trip and I remember a stampede for that at rope drop on our previous trip as the lines were always very long. Still we've seen lots of character from afar and we've been able to do what we wanted so it's all good. I can't wait to get home and start writing the trip report.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Glad you’ve had a good trip - enjoy your last day. I’ve just seen they’re adding France to the quarantine list from Saturday morning so looks like you’ve timed it just right!
Wow, we got so lucky with the timing, didn't we? We are definitely going to make th most of our last day, but without rushing to get out this morning. I've booked the Plaza Gardens for lunch as Kate really wanted a buffet for one of our meals.

Old 14 Aug 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Absolutely perfect timing! Sounds like an amazing trip and I can't wait to read the TR. We were due home tomorrow so our timing would not have been as good as yours! Have an amazing last day and enjoy Plaza Gardens
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

I am so glad you’ve had the best trip! Somehow I thought you would! Whilst it’s not Orlando, the weather has made it feel like it could be! The wait times are all manageable so multiple rides on our favourites was incredibly fun. Looking forward to reading about your meal at The Plaza-we were tempted but we only had 2 days in the parks and so ran out of time.
Your timing to get home before quarantine and is perfect! Well done! Can’t wait to read your trip report, enjoy your last day!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List