orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great start, looking forward to hearing what you have planned

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

yeah another pre trippie to read cant wait to see all the twists n turns it takes
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

How gorgeous are your cats! They're fantastic.

Look forward to reading more about your plans.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Thanks guys, I'm glad your all joining me

Our holiday plans should be up in a bit

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ Take 2 ~ pt.5

Where The Magic Will Be...
... Our WDW Plans

So now you know the back story, the Who, the Why and the How (or the How It All Began anyway), so now I will enlighten you all with the When and the Where, as that is one of the most important parts after all . I must admit, I am very excited about this years plans. I mean I am always excited when we go to Disney, but this year more than ever...

The When:
April 26th - May 18th
22 wonderful nights in Orlando
The Where:
Ok this is the best part...

First off we will be getting there by one of these

I did like BA when we flew to Atlanta, in fact I found there flights to be very good. There customer service was very good, the planes were nice, as was the food and amenities. However, we like the extra's that Virgin offer. The opportunity to book seats in advance (although I know 8 times out of 10 you don't get those seats), the night before check-in, the Downtown Disney check-in and the clublounge. So we decided on Virgin as it just makes things a little easier, which is always good.

---------------

And of course we will be hiring one of these.

Now last time we went we got a Ford Mustang. Nick loves cars, and really, really wanted a Mustang, so we spent out the extra money and hired one. Nick absolutely loved driving the Mustang, and although we ended up with a regular one, instead of the convertible, he was one happy boy.

This time however he said he doesn't mind just getting a regular car, so we can save the extra money (which is quite a bit) for something else. I know he would love to have a Mustang though, but most companies can't guarantee them even if you pay a small fortune. So we will probably just book a regular car and then if they have any Mustangs when we get there we may upgrade

---------------

And when we get there we will be staying...
13 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter

We decided on a Moderate hotel as we love the beauty of the grounds and the more adult theming (although we are both big kids really).
We both automatically thought of Port Orlean's French Quarter as we stayed here for a few nights last time we went with my family. It was actually by accident when Virgin messed up and canceled our booking at Port Orlean's Riverside. Luckily Disney saved the day and found us a room in POFQ for 3 nights before they could move us over to POR, much to our disgust. But it was a blessing as we ended up loving it there.
We really liked how the resort was pretty small, it made it easy to walk to the pool, food court and lobby and we also thought it was really pretty and quite romantic. The theming and grounds were beautiful.
We did like Coronado Springs, but weren't blow away by it. It was so big which meant a lot of walking to the pool and food court, and it was always so busy with conventioners, loud, rowdy conventioners. Saying this I did find the grounds to be really beautiful and were glad we did stay there.
After a while we did think about Caribbean Beach, which funnily was our first choice last time, however this time didn't spring to mind. It does look like a lovely resort and we would like to try somewhere different and definitely plan to stay there one day. However, this time they only had King Bed rooms left which were Ł500 more, which we both thought was absolutely ridiculous, especially since we would actually prefer 2 doubles anyway (somewhere for all our new things). So CBR was out.
So our choice was pretty easy

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

Next up we will be staying...

2 nights Royal Pacific, Water View

Now this isn't booked yet, as we are still waiting for the dollar rate to improve (fingers crossed). However, as soon as it does we will get this booked.
We stayed in the Royal Pacific last time for 2 nights and loved it. One of the main reasons was for the Express Passes, although it wasn't busy when we were there it was still so good to be able to just walk onto all the rides. It meant we had enough time to go on our favorite rides twice, and also get back to the hotel for pool/margarita time. We also loved the resort itself, it was beautiful and the atmosphere was so laid back and tropical. We love tropical themed resorts and RPR is a great one. And the view we had from our Water View room was brilliant, it looked right over the pool and IOA.
However, we are not completely decided on RPR, as much as we love it we are also considering Hard Rock Hotel. We have heard lots of good things about this hotel and love trying new places. On the other hand we wouldn't get the fab view over IOA and we couldn't just walk down to Tchoup Chop for tea (which we fully intend on doing). So we are not 100% sure either way.

But wait theres more to come...

Edited at 09:23 PM.
Old 14 Nov 08, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

So for the final part of our stay, and saving the best till last...

7 nights Polynesian Resort

OMG I cannot tell you how excited we both are about this, we both love this resort soooooo much. We are only having a garden view room, but we don't care, as long as we are staying there.
We stayed in the Polynesian for a night on our last visit and it was everything we dream't it to be and more. We love the resort, the beauty of it, the tropical grounds and atmosphere. We cannot wait to be able to simply jump on the monorail to get to MK, and Epcot and the Grand Floridian and Contemporary. To be able to just walk to Ohana, and Kona Cafe, and enjoy lots of yummy cocktails in the Tambu Lounge. To be able to walk along the beach, and look across to the beautiful castle. And most of all... to be able to watch Wishes without having to be in MK get crushed and squashed. We can simply go down to the beach, or the pool, and watch them from there, I cannot wait

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Old 14 Nov 08, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

But wait there is more... And this is something we are really, really, really excited about...

... We are doing the DINING PLAN

Yep thats right, for 13 nights at POFQ and then 7 nights at the Polynesian... Wahoo, thats lots of lovely Disney food for us, and hopefully some great pictures and reports for you guys :goodvibes

California Grill

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Whispering Canyon

So there you have it, our holiday plans as they stand. Like I said, I am very excited about them. And now that the main logistics are sorted, it is time to start with the real planning... Let the fun begin

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Old 14 Nov 08, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandobaby
Imagineer

orlandobaby's Reviews
Cool! I like the Whispering Canyon... just don't drink your Coke too quickly or you get a big jar put onto your table - for one person!

Orlando Sep 2000,Nov 01,June 04,June 05,Sep 05,Sep 06,Oct 08&13,Oct 14,Oct 15,Apr 18,Sept 19,Sept 22
LA and Las Vegas May 2010, San Fran, Las Vegas, LA May 2013
orlandobaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List