Notices

Old 24 Oct 10, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

'Just the two of us' November 2011 Pre Trippie

375 days to go…

Well I’ve been holding off on a Pre-Trippie as we’ve got over a year to wait…. But the excitement took over and I decided it need to be channelled somewhere, and where better than the Dibb?! So, here goes…

The Cast:

Me – Emily, age 29 but fast approaching 30! Will have my 31st Birthday while we are on Holiday next year! I am chief holiday organiser and planner. Have been renamed the eBay queen by family and friends. Love everything Disney and cannot wait for my cuddle with Mickey Mouse!

Nick – 28, will be 29 by the time we go. Boyfriend of nearly 7 years, is nowhere near as excitable as me. Doesn’t do planning holidays,(or packing for them) as he works long hours as a Plumber (and hates planning/packing). Loves food and beer, and is very much looking forward to an Epcot “pub crawl” during the food & wine festival next year!

First a picture of us in Hollywood Studios on our first trip to the mouse in 2007

And a more up to date picture of the two of us, taken in August of last year while on holiday in sunny Turkey

Our first time in Disney was back in Easter 2007 – It was a big family trip which my parents paid for, we were all in a massive villa, (all 12 of us!) , the most difficult part was that it was the first meeting between me, my brother & sister and our Canadian half sister (who had been adopted at birth) and her two children. We did the four Disney parks, Sea World and Busch Gardens, me and Nick also escaped for the evening and went to watch the Orland Magics play – was brilliant! I’ll never forget the smile that spread across my face as I walked into Magic Kingdom, it is just an amazing place! On the plane home, me and Nick vowed that as soon as we could afford it we would return to Orlando.. “Just The Two of Us” !

So….

We got back from our summer holiday in Turkey at the end of August, and I had the holiday blues as per usual. So I was hunting around for next summer, when I thought I would have a quick look at the cost of Florida… Nick had no idea what I was up to! So after pricing it up I told Nick what I had found, within 24 hours we had it booked!

Holiday Details..
  • We are going from 4th– 19th November 2011
  • Flying from Manchester – MCO with Virgin
  • Staying at Fairfield Inn & Suites on Canada Ave
  • Are not taking the car hire… we are bussing it!

I have started listing on eBay as I am hoping to get a large chunk of our spending money & ticket money from the money we make. I’ve got two fairfx cards.. one is $’s for spends and the other £’s for the tickets… earlier this week I transferred £150 onto each card from my eBay money over the past month – excellent start!

Have also got a few money tins… one money counting jar for small change, one massive DVD case/holder for 50p, £1 and £2 (stole the idea of another Dibb member!) and one last one for notes. So far I’ve been really good in emptying mine and Nick’s spare change!

Intending on doing lots of planning over the next 12 months as we have lots to fit it – Disney, Aquatica, Universal and Discovery Cove as well as wanting to see La Nouba and go back to a Magics game…. Lots!

Well, that’s it for now… need to get listing on eBay!

Here's a list of my updates in case you want to jump straight to them
370 days to go...
309 days to go...
299 days to go...
284 days to go...
272 days to go...
263 days to go...
255 days to go...
250 days to go...
236 days to go...
229 days tuo go...
217 days to go...
200 days to go...
151 days to go...
142 days to go...
123 days to go...
103 days to go...
96 days to go...
82 days to go...
54 days to go...
38 days to go...
32 days to go...

Edited at 07:25 AM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 10, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Great Start Emily
Wow you must be good at selling on Ebay to be able to deposit £150 on each card, Well done Mrs, that is fantastic
Sounds like you and Nick are going to have a lovely holiday together
Subscribing now so i don't miss any updates
Take care xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 10, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you're all booked ready to go !
We always save our £2 coins - its amazing how they add up !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 10, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Sounds like a good start Emily we are going to be there same time as you and are def factoring in the osborne xmas lights this year they look amazing. What a good start you've made on your savings. Looking forward to hearing more.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 10, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow great start! I'm sure you'll have a great time! I had a crazy countdown but its flown and now 3 weeks tomorrow i'll be on my way there!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 10, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Wow, think i need some ebay tips! enjoyed the read - you sound very motivated on the saving front!
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

370 days to go...

Me again, Thanks to everyone for dropping by and commenting so far, nice to see you all!

Well, I have had this week off work, do have spent a fair few hours on the Dibb, which has turned out to be a bit dangerous in terms of planning . Our original plan was to go to Discovery Cove on my birthday, but this plan has now changed

After lots of looking around and figuring out £'s I am hoping after this weekend to put a deposit down for a 3 day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas and the best bit is it falls on my birthday weekend!

I am sooooooo excited about this! I managed to list 64 items on eBay last weekend, and so am hoping to make the deposit in sales.. if i do then we are definately booking! (I fully intend to book it regardless but i like a challenge!)

Edited at 11:13 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 10, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Ooooo a Disney Cruise sounds amazing keep us updated! Well done on the listings.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 10, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
latenineties
Excited about Disney

hi! we go on the 27th to the same hotel so hopefully you can tell us all what its like! were going fro manchester with virgin too!

lois x
Old 23 Nov 10, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fantastic! The cruise is something we have thought about but leaving that until the kiddies are older! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time 
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List