Old 6 Jan 13, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Freebies!

One day while browsing the dibb (notice how often my updates start with that!) I found a very interesting thread regarding free parking via monarch. After a quick read I got the gist of it and started looking. I found something fairly quickly which seemed to good to be true. Anyway I submitted the claim and a few days later BOOM I had £93 back and my free parking with Meteor Meet and Greet!

I still followed the thread with interest and soon the discussion turned to hotels. Well it's worth a look I thought! From reading the updates it seemed the hotel one was a little more tricky and was via essential travel. However I like a challenge and after a good hour searching I was confident I'd found what we were looking for. One night at bewleys £3 cheaper than on essential travel, everything seemed to match in the T&C's so I went for it. Again they replied quickly and refunded my £3. They then said for me to get in touch with the 3rd party for the rest of the money. Now I thought this meant on my return, but no. After a quick email a cheque for the remaining £63 arrived.

So that's a night's stay plus meet and greet car parking for... NOTHING! thanks Dibbers!

It will mean parking the car overnight at bewley's which will cost £7... but I think we'll manage

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 13, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I love that you are a total bargain hunter and won't take no for an answer! Getting the holiday under your budget is fantastic and that you are sticking to it! Our holiday is around £3000 each for 3 weeks ha!

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about SSR and Congress Park! We are going to request our stay here too . The new decor looks fab!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 13, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by rachey_101 View Post
I love that you are a total bargain hunter and won't take no for an answer! Getting the holiday under your budget is fantastic and that you are sticking to it! Our holiday is around £3000 each for 3 weeks ha!

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about SSR and Congress Park! We are going to request our stay here too . The new decor looks fab!
Yep, I'm an awful shopper when it comes to bargains

I didn't realise SSR had had a refurb until after I'd booked. I haven't seen any 'after' pics yet though!

June 15-Rome & Florence
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 13, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
Yep, I'm an awful shopper when it comes to bargains

I didn't realise SSR had had a refurb until after I'd booked. I haven't seen any 'after' pics yet though!
Emma (lady_emz) stayed at SSR and you can see the refurbed studio room in her trippy if you want .

I prefer the old bed spread though lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 13, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
What to wear?
ARGH! I wish these sales emails would stop! I've not saved anything for the holiday this month as they keep email me with more money off! Still at least I'm bagging some holiday bargains!

Some recent purchases...

Dress for our 'fancy' meal at Victoria and Albert's, it's backless which they might be funny about so I'll need to find a wrap!

In fact I might end up taking this one as a back up just in case!

A nice skirt for nicer park evenings

Some day dresses..

Bikinis, because this year I WILL be wearing one!

And finally, something I'm secretly dreading... SHORTS.

I don't do shorts, well at least not ones to far above the knee anyway :/ So this year will be a true test for me because I have SHORT SHORTS! I won't lie I'm slightly panicked about it, but everyone else always seems so cool in them while I'm suffering and sweaty in mine :/

So I have bought a few pairs...

now with constant dieting and regular gym sessions between now and April I'm aiming the outcome to be somewhere between this:

and this

If I'm honest, somewhere nearer the first example would be marvellous ;P

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 8 Jan 13, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Must Do's

I'm going to start this list and add to it over time. None are food related, that's a WHOLE other post as usual ;P

Visit Art of Animation

So this is sort of about the food, but it's also very much about getting my photo taken with HIM

"He's very handsome, isn't he" - Ariel

YES. HE. IS

In fact in trying to find this photo I realised I'm not the only fan out there, he has he own fanart following! who knew!

This was the most, interesting...

Although I think the artist may have been more of a Flynn fan at heart...

I know. There's some scary things on the internet...

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 8 Jan 13, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nixxy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That Disney prince fan art freaks me out every time. But I...can't help... looking. Then feeling like a perv afterwards.

Great clothes choices! I particularly love the first two dresses <3
Nixxy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 13, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
That Disney prince fan art freaks me out every time. But I...can't help... looking. Then feeling like a perv afterwards.

Great clothes choices! I particularly love the first two dresses <3
lol I know! some of it isn't suitable for the dibb! I was a appalled! these are disney princes! is nothing safe! ... they are rather hilarious though

I keep buying too much :/ I may need a bigger suitcase!

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 9 Jan 13, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Nixxy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm playing the "Not taking much, buying looooooooads when I get there" card.

Let just hope it works out!
Nixxy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 13, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
51emz
Apprentice Imagineer

51emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hey good reading so far, love your clothes choice, I can wear a bikini this year too, I've lost nearly 3 stone ready for my holiday!

We I believe are on the same photopass share... I am so excited, only told the kids at Christmas so I can talk openly about it now!