Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Pedro! We're coming back! Dec 2014

Deleted

Edited at 06:09 PM.
welovepedro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow! Your dress is gorgeous! Can't wait to read the rest
Old 18 Apr 14, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Great story so far, come on we want the next part

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Deleted

Edited at 06:10 PM.
welovepedro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice start, wedding pics are beautiful
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Loving it so far.
You both sound very munch like me and my Gavin, we like just been together too and are always having a laugh and been stupid hehe

Im looking forward to your plans:-)

I have no plans as yet lol
xx
Old 18 Apr 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
How did this trip come about? Well sit tight and let me explain.

Our Honeymoon was going to be a once in a lifetime jobby but obviously you all know the score and know that it hardly ever works out that way. It was around March time, early March that we said we hadn't noticed any financial gain from not saving for Florida. It was being squandered on god knows what. So we said jokingly about how we might as well just go again. We knew we couldn't as we were planning on moving. We had so much to think about with one thing or another so I'm not exactly sure what happened but we just ended up saying 'Sod it!' We'll move and play grown up after one more trip. For me personally, I felt like our Honeymoon had missed out on so much, it was like a story left untold so to speak. We really didn't make the most of our time there and I'm not sure why or how it happened that way but that's how we felt. We knew we'd go for 17 nights again, but I said I'd quite like to stay onsite for a litte bit. I was suggesting 3 nights, but I didn't realise that the free DDP was a minimum of 5 nights.

So anyway, we'd got wind of when the DDP offers would be released and lay in wait like the other 70% of Dibbers for the 25th April 2013 to come round. We had in our mind that we'd stay at OKW. We wanted the DDP though and not the QSDP. Everything else was up in there air. I wanted to go at a quieter time but didn't fancy September as it meant we had a bit less time to save. I love Xmas so it made send to go out then. After a bit of research we'd discovered that in order to get the DDP offer, we needed to arrive no later than Nov 30th. We'd looked for a villa around Lake Berkley as we were certain that's where we wanted to stay again and had one in mind. It took forever for that date in April to arrive!

When it did, I was confused as to why OKW and SSR weren't showing any availability for arrivals after October 2014. Disney gave several inconsistent answers to this muddle and in the end we decided on POR and paid to upgrade to DDP. We booked the Disney part before anything else but wasn't much else we could do after that other than look at Villas day after day trying to whittle the choice down.

We had so much help from a fellow Dibber Steve I had so many questions about things, and even though he knew that we couldn't afford his Villa and that it wasn't the right location, he spent time with us advising us. I've promised to buy him a cocktail or two as we happen to be out there at the same time. If you're reading, thanks Steve! My Dibb Daddy!

I've noticed I'm waffling, sorry. I'll get back to the point.

All time deciding on villas didn't help with not thinking about the Disney aspect of it. We ended up upgrading to Wilderness Lodge. I figure it wasn't costing much extra as we'd paid for the upgraded DDP anyway so why not have a deluxe resort? I was happy with that. For awhile...

We found the villa of choice on Sunset Lakes. A Dibb Villa and we cannot WAIT to get there. It looks so lovely and Sue has been brilliant. Very patient too. So at this point in time, we've got 5 nights in Wilderness Lodge, and 12 nights on Sunset Lakes.

These are not my photos, just ones picked up from Google.

Sounds great doesn't it!?

Our flights wouldn't be released until Mid Jan 2014 so it left a lot of time to think about things.. and wonder where we can make improvements.

I couldn't help looking at the other deluxe resorts and really liked the look of the BW/YC/BC ones. I did ring up just to 'enquire' about how much the upgrade would be, but at over £300 extra for a 5 night portion of the holiday it wasn't going to happen. Gavin had been given a bonus so instead of spending so much on an upgrade for 5 nights, for less money we could add two more nights on to the holiday at the Villa. Done Deal! We checked that would be OK and sat tight waiting for the flights to come out.

Bingo. January came. Flights were out. They were expensive as we knew they would be as we were going to book Premium Economy. I'd got visions of them being around £750 - £850 and a couple of weeks before that estimate went to £850 - £900. We'd budgeted though so to me it's not worth the stress with someone so important as the flights to wait around and try and get cheaper. I just don't have the stomach for all those nerves. So we booked the day the price dropped to £880 each. Eeeek. Nearly double what Economy were charging. Could of got those for £480 each and probably paid for seat plus again but no, we'd decided we were going to treat ourselves.

Extra nights confirmed at the Villa done. 19 nights of heaven here we come wooohoooo!

Wait.. hang on. I forgot something.

You know how I said I'd fanced the BW/YC/BC? Well, I rung again. Don't know why. But this time the upgrade had dropped to £180. So we did it! For £360 we've added on two nights at the villa AND upgraded to the Yacht Club. I'm so glad we didn't upgrade originally. This time though, we've really made the final changes to bookings!

Another steal from Google, Sorry!

Edited at 06:03 PM.
Old 18 Apr 14, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by clucky View Post
Wow! Your dress is gorgeous! Can't wait to read the rest
Ah thank you. Yes I do love my dress. I don't think I could ever part with it. It's got a layer of silk beaded lace and if I did ever have a daughter I'd like to save it for her just incase.

Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
Great story so far, come on we want the next part
Yes Ma'am quick as I can

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Nice start, wedding pics are beautiful
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by Luby-lu View Post
Loving it so far.
You both sound very munch like me and my Gavin, we like just been together too and are always having a laugh and been stupid hehe

Im looking forward to your plans:-)

I have no plans as yet lol
xx
Get planning woman! lol x
Old 18 Apr 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Yay you've started. Nice to meet you, Gavin and Pedro properly

Am so excited for you, especially now that you are staying at the Yacht Club - very jealous. I have found that writing a pre-trippy you suddenly become obsessed with everyone else's pre-trippies too, so I bet you'll end up spending even more time on the dibb than you did before

Looking forward to the next instalment

Vanessa

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Yay you've started. Nice to meet you, Gavin and Pedro properly

Am so excited for you, especially now that you are staying at the Yacht Club - very jealous. I have found that writing a pre-trippy you suddenly become obsessed with everyone else's pre-trippies too, so I bet you'll end up spending even more time on the dibb than you did before

Looking forward to the next instalment

Vanessa
Thank you

I'm just dreading writing up how the budget breaks down... Lol

Won't be long xx