Notices

Old 25 Apr 14, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNewbie View Post
What a gorgeous family you have .

What a great start to your pre-trippie. Your plans look great, can i just add a couple of things to think about?
Full days in park , especially your first full day are very tiring and i know we all hit a wall by 4pm so be prepared to maybe not achieve everything in the first few days
Be Our Guest is probably THE most sort after ADR so when it comes to you ADR booking window (as you are onsite you can book the first 10 days when you get to 180 days) make this the first one you book.

I don't know if your little man is into Jake & Neverland pirates (mine is mad on it lol) but Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios does a character breakfast where you can meet him and Doc Mc Stuffins & Sophia if that was something he was interested in?

I'm sure you are all going to have an amazing holiday. Art of Animation looks amazing (we looked round it on our first visit but never stayed). Can't wait to hear more of your plans x
Aw thank you so much!

We will definitely keep that in mind and although we have a basic plan, nothing is fully set in stone apart from the ADR's we will make and we may even take time during the day to go for a little nap, depending how we feel of course!

I'm just so excited! I can't wait! I went to Disneyworld when I was a kid but I can't really remember that much but I do have pictures!

Callum used to love Jake so I'm sure he would still enjoy it! He's much more into Spider-Man and Power rangers ect these days though! When do they grow up?! Haha!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
What a fab trip you have planned - under 200 days now, the time will fly by
Ahh I hope so!

My husband goes away with the army soon too so I hope time does fly by until he's home and we can go to Disney!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

Good luck with the planning
I wouldn't bother with dinner at Hollywood and vine unless your going for charecter interaction only, the food is not the best and we actually call the place Hollywood and vile lol. ( obviously that's only my opinion ).
Also the day you go to legoland you should try a place called mannys chophouse for dinner, its in a town called Haines city which you should be passing on our way home.
You are in the right place to ask questions there are always dibbers ready and waiting to help out and give advice.
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
Good luck with the planning
I wouldn't bother with dinner at Hollywood and vine unless your going for charecter interaction only, the food is not the best and we actually call the place Hollywood and vile lol. ( obviously that's only my opinion ).
Also the day you go to legoland you should try a place called mannys chophouse for dinner, its in a town called Haines city which you should be passing on our way home.
You are in the right place to ask questions there are always dibbers ready and waiting to help out and give advice.

Thank you!

Oh no! We are planning on going for the Fantasmic dinner show which has characters dressed up in star wars costumes I believe.

Thank you for the recommendation, we will look into that!

I'm already finding this place so useful!
Old 25 Apr 14, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Missed Family Member

It's not like I forgot him, it's more the fact he won't be able to come with us.
It's going to break his little heart and ours too!

It's our little puppy, Riley.

He was a valentines present from my husband! Of course he's going to be less of a puppy when we do leave him in November but he's going to be so sad!
I mostly work from home as a photographer so he's with me almost all of time!

He's been a fantastic addition to our family!

We haven't fully decided what we are going to do with him when we go away, we are thinking of asking Michaels sister because I couldn't put him into kennels! What does everybody else do with their pets?
Old 25 Apr 14, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Mobile

Omg that is the cutest puppy ever! What breed is he? I have two dogs and unfortunately we have to put them into kennels but as they are together we hope it's a bit better for them. It's never fun leaving your pets.

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Hi Sarah!

Looks like you and your beautiful family will be there around the same time as us. We're there 5th - 19th November, staying at Old Key West. Our first time onsite.

I've loved reading your plans. It must be hard having your husband away so much. At least you'll have something big to look forward to and keep your mind off it.

Your photos are amazing and I LOVE Riley! What a cute little bundle of fluffiness! We had a pet sitter who came in and looked after our pets last time we went to Florida which we preferred over a kennel. At least they were in a familiar place and weren't split up. It set our mind at ease knowing they were being cared for at home.

Looking forward to following your plans. Won't be long and we'll be there!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Denny's is amazing! And such great value for money - if you have a sweet tooth like me, must try the pancake puppies!
Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFan2012
Excited about Disney

Loving your pre trippy so far, what a gorgeous family :-)

Good luck with all the planning - we're going to be there at the same time. We fly out on 31st October and back on 22nd November.

Previous trips: Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, Villa stays, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, Disney Cruises, Disneyland Paris, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside
DisneyFan2012 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gartland87
Very Serious Dibber

What a great first post!

We booked in December and I was clueless, its amazing how much you learn in 4 months! I feel like I know everything about somewhere I've not yet been, we are a group of 11 with 5 children ages 2-6, we have booked the Character breakfast at O'hanas (good reviews), we couldn't get in Chef Mickeys, also a character breakfast at Crystal Palace , Dinner at 1900 Park Fayre & Lunch at Hollywood & Vine (Disney Junior characters). We would have loved to do Cinderella's Palace & the Mickey BBQ but the dates had already filled up.

We have most of the stuff from your check list ticked off however have thought of more things

* Order personalised Disney ribbon for the suitcase for each family in the group
* Order Disney lanyards to keep our tickets safe
* Book the fastpass + selections (we can start doing this next week)

Oh and I have also started a scrapbook of which will mostly be used for the trip reports and photos after, however it start with a very in depth itinary for the children and also a little description of what there lives were like at the time of the holiday i.e what interests they have, what characters they like, a little bit about their personalities
I'm hoping its going to be a lovely jam packed book that they will always be able to look back on

Have fun planning!
gartland87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List