pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
oh how fab! We're off to POR this year, but as we're a family of 5 it will be a BIG squash, but the upgrade to OKW was around £2000 so not justifiable at all, AKL dont do rooms for 5 or we would have been there like a shot!

Love your trippies so looking forward to hearing more
That's why we decided against OKW. You won't be in your room that much and POR looks like a beautiful resort. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Thank you for reading.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Brill update! How amazing that you got AKL! We stayed in Kidani in May and really don't remember the buses being that bad. Plus they had wee tv screens showing when the next bus was due.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great update! Id love to stay at animal kingdom lodge( I'm so jealous) also loving the primark Disney haul.
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Brill update! How amazing that you got AKL! We stayed in Kidani in May and really don't remember the buses being that bad. Plus they had wee tv screens showing when the next bus was due.
I'm starting to really worry about the buses. If it was just a case of getting to and from the parks each day, I wouldn't mind; but it's the early ADR's in resorts that are bothering me (Ohana and Cape May for example), and how we'll get to resorts as there are no resort-resort buses. I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and hiring a car. We had hoped to do some half days in the parks, go back to AKL for a swim, and then go out again in the evening. I think I will be sick to death of buses doing this every day! I could do without the added expense (and would prefer to save my sanity when Paul is driving over there!), but I don't see a way around it.

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
Great update! Id love to stay at animal kingdom lodge( I'm so jealous) also loving the primark Disney haul.
Thanks for reading. I'm jealous of your countdown! Have a fantastic time next week!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

this all sounds very exciting. we have a sneaky couple of nights at AKL through DVC at the end of our stay this year and the more i look at pictures of the resort, the more excited about it i get as it just looks so beautiful. I cant wait to see the lobby as we've never set foot in it.

have you considered UBER taxi's for early ADR's instead of a car? perhaps might be more cost effective overall?
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Oooh I loved AKL Kidani, you'll love Jambo House! Beautiful resort.

I love Primark for cheap Disney goodies, got several t-shirts and jumpers.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
I'm starting to really worry about the buses. If it was just a case of getting to and from the parks each day, I wouldn't mind; but it's the early ADR's in resorts that are bothering me (Ohana and Cape May for example), and how we'll get to resorts as there are no resort-resort buses. I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and hiring a car. We had hoped to do some half days in the parks, go back to AKL for a swim, and then go out again in the evening. I think I will be sick to death of buses doing this every day! I could do without the added expense (and would prefer to save my sanity when Paul is driving over there!), but I don't see a way around it.

Yes to be fair, we did a few early adr's but always had the car with us, maybe that or taxis for those would be a good idea. Hopefully you could get a wee car for not too much? Worth it to out your mind at ease.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

Great start!

We have booked POFQ but the more I read about AKL I am very tempted to call up and change it.

The bus situation is also a concern for us but as we have never stayed on site before I really don't know what to do. I've also considered just hiring a car as we will be getting one for our second week anyway as we will then be off site.

I'll be keeping an eye on your pre-trippie.

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Aimie, this is me just catching up with your pre-trippie! Great start and sounds like another fab trip. I have really enjoyed your previous reports and its so good to watch our Dibb friends families growing up year after year.

You are looking amazing, well done on your weight loss. Slimming World is a fab diet, I lost a stone last year on it but its slowly creeping back on so will need to think about jumping back on the wagon.

We will be in Disney for a few days at the same time as you as we leave on the 6th October. Looking forward to the rest of your report and following along with your updates xx
Old 25 Apr 16, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by snowdrop100 View Post
this all sounds very exciting. we have a sneaky couple of nights at AKL through DVC at the end of our stay this year and the more i look at pictures of the resort, the more excited about it i get as it just looks so beautiful. I cant wait to see the lobby as we've never set foot in it.

have you considered UBER taxi's for early ADR's instead of a car? perhaps might be more cost effective overall?
We've never seen it either, so we're really looking forward to it.

We have thought about Uber taxi's and was looking at the website for prices yesterday. We have a long time yet, so definitely something to think about.

Originally Posted by Holidaylover19 View Post
Oooh I loved AKL Kidani, you'll love Jambo House! Beautiful resort.

I love Primark for cheap Disney goodies, got several t-shirts and jumpers.
I can't wait to get there! It looks amazing!
Primark is great for cheap holiday clothes. I don't mind leaving them there to make room for Disney Souvenirs when they're that cheap! Lol.

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Yes to be fair, we did a few early adr's but always had the car with us, maybe that or taxis for those would be a good idea. Hopefully you could get a wee car for not too much? Worth it to out your mind at ease.
Definitely going to weigh up the pros and cons of hiring a car or using taxi's. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Brum26 View Post
Great start!

We have booked POFQ but the more I read about AKL I am very tempted to call up and change it.

The bus situation is also a concern for us but as we have never stayed on site before I really don't know what to do. I've also considered just hiring a car as we will be getting one for our second week anyway as we will then be off site.

I'll be keeping an eye on your pre-trippie.
It's the getting lost in the car part that bothers me. We had some horrific arguments in the car last time because Paul is useless with directions and misses turnings! Even with a Sat Nav! I Can't be doing with the agro. Lol. I'm considering a Mapman's map this time as i've heard a lot of Dibbers mention them. It would be so much easier than waiting for buses and taxis. We will see. We have a long time to think about it.

Dis you change resorts or are you still set for POFQ?

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Hi Aimie, this is me just catching up with your pre-trippie! Great start and sounds like another fab trip. I have really enjoyed your previous reports and its so good to watch our Dibb friends families growing up year after year.

You are looking amazing, well done on your weight loss. Slimming World is a fab diet, I lost a stone last year on it but its slowly creeping back on so will need to think about jumping back on the wagon.

We will be in Disney for a few days at the same time as you as we leave on the 6th October. Looking forward to the rest of your report and following along with your updates xx
Thank you for following my reports It means a lot to know people are reading them

Thank you very much. I haven't been for several weeks and really need to get back to group before I start piling the pounds on again. I weighed myself last week and had put on 1lb. It's not major and I can cope that that but would prefer if I was back at my target weight!

We will have to keep an eye out for each other in the parks. We might bump into each other