Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Jul 23, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

13 Aug - San Diego

We used the bus again today, walked through old town and got on the hop on/off to USS Midway (GoCity pass). You could spend hours here - audio device is included in ticket.
Lots to look at and see - all the staff in yellow caps are volunteer veterans that have served aboard- they are very knowledgeable.

Then we walked to the Gas Lamp area (walking past the famous Top Gun Kansas City Barbeque)
to have a browse around and a mooch in shops.
Then south to the seaport area - going through the convention centre and what felt like thousands of flight of steps (at least 6!)
We had dinner in Joes Crab Shack - we had a $25 birthday gift courtesy of Landrys and a $25 reward voucher. Tom had a steam pot which took him an hour to work through but thoroughly enjoyed it.
Couple of cocktails later and we ubered back for a rest - very tired!

Edited at 05:35 AM.
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 23, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading this as we will be just behind you! Where are you staying in San Diego? I still cant decide where to stay/what to do there!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 23, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Looking forward to reading this as we will be just behind you! Where are you staying in San Diego? I still cant decide where to stay/what to do there!
We have an apartment booked in Ocean Beach - very reasonable. I always look for a bargain - were not what you would call fussy and although I love luxury, I love going for longer and more often more.
Are you doing a similar itinerary? Im hoping it all cools down a little!
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 23, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
We have an apartment booked in Ocean Beach - very reasonable. I always look for a bargain - were not what you would call fussy and although I love luxury, I love going for longer and more often more.
Are you doing a similar itinerary? Im hoping it all cools down a little!
We are doing similar. San Fran, LA, Anaheim & San Diego 19th August - 5th September. We are skipping LV. I have everything booked up to SD and now Im stuck. We wanted to book Hotel Del Coronado but like you, we like more trips so Im loathed to pay the prices!

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 23, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Have a great trip Looking forward to LV, we've booked for next year and haven't been in about 8 or 9 years
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 23, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Following! Have a fantastic trip

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 23, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Have a great trip Looking forward to LV, we've booked for next year and haven't been in about 8 or 9 years
Just about to venture out 38 degrees at 10am 😓
Old 27 Jul 23, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
Following! Have a fantastic trip
Thank you x
Old 28 Jul 23, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Enjoy the Jockey Club.. We have stayed there twice...I week before it was encased with the cosmopolitan and 1 week after... Can you still use all of the cosmopolitan areas free of charge (pools ect ) ?
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 23, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go on our 23 day event on 7th September ...

3 Days San Diego --1 week Palm Springs--1 week Las Vegas and then on to Flagstaff for 6 days...

Not sure if you have been to Vegas before but if you pop next door, to the Belliargio and go look in the conservatory as its fab (do not want to spoil it for you).. Not sure what theam it is this year... If you go can you let me know please..
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List