Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Aug 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

First of many firsts -Tenerife 2nd Aug-16th Aug

Introduction- family of 4 (usually 11 of us) myself, DH, DD1 (age 19) DD2 (age 15).

We booked via Tui late Dec 2020 when i was in isolation and bored haha and were informed late last year that our flight had been cancelled from Edinburgh due to covid ? and transferred to Glasgow. 2 weeks prior to travel hubby contacted Tui for parking postcode to be asked why had we booked Edinburgh parking when we were flying from Glasgow. Hubby then proceeded to have a heated discussion about it being their fault and especially when they asked for £84 for the parking "because it had increased since we booked it". Don't think so! We had paid for it at the time of booking. Eventually he was told, as a good will gesture they would waiver the charge!

We went to Disneyland Paris in Feb but count this as our first holiday abroad since 2019.

First time to Tenerife.

Travel Day 2nd Aug/Day 1
Set off from the North East at 9:30am for our long drive to Glasgow. Had a pit stop half way and arrived at the airport around 2pm.
At check in we were told the flight was delayed 1hr 30. Not a good start after 4hrs of travelling to begin with.
We were,however, through check in and security in 30 minutes.

We grabbed some food and found some seats where we could settle for the next couple of hours.

At 6:45 our gate was finally announced. The whole plane seemed to head there straight away. We got seated to be told that the flight was delayed a further 45 minutes. Grumbles and a few choice words from passengers could be heard. 7:40pm and we were allowed to board.
We had booked extra leg room and as we got on and told to turn left i did a little gasp. Family looked very strange at me until i said " it's the Dreamliner!" Again puzxled looks until i said "premium". Comfy and spacious. Kids loved it when they kept changing the coloured lights. The flight was a dream haha. Took 4hr15 and very smooth.

We landed at 00:20, only plane in so through immigration fairly quickly, collecting luggage took longer. Had to produce our covid passes here. We boarded our coach and headed to the resort. We were staying 15mins from Los Cristianos/las Americas. Arriving at the hotel around 2am.

Check in was smooth, only the 4 of us got off the coach haha. Staff very friendly but not perfect English so finding our room was interesting, it is a maze at 2am and being very tired.
Room was a 2 bed apartment, 2 bathrooms (one wet room) very big but could do with some updating. 3 balconies and pool view.
We quickly unpacked (needed our pjs and couldn't remember which case they were in) and went to bed.

Woke at 8am to head for breakfast. Limited choice but edible especially after not eating since 4pm previous day.
Found a lovely terrace to sunbathe on. Was worried about size of pool etc but hotel is not packed at all. Spent all day here soaking up the sun. Had our evening meal and headed out to explore due to it being karaoke night. Walked into las americas, had a drink- reasonably priced food and drinks for such a big resort, plenty of shops, then headed back due to being tired. We did however have an uninvited guest in the wet room- a cockroach! It was huge! Hubby killed it, cleaned up and went to bed. I did not sleep well at all due to this.

Day 2
Got up at 8 again, headed down to breakfast. Food better this morning. We got our little spot again and spent the morning sunbathing. Had lunch and went for a walk. Found a little supermarket and stocked up with water and soft drinks- we are AI but still want supplies in the room. Kids went back to the pool whilst i napped, catching up from the night before.

We had our evening meal and got a seat for evening entertainment. Kids mini disco, certainly changed from when my two participated. Then a singing duo. Enjoyed this and i even participated much to the surprise of the kids.
Headed back upstairs just after 11 (the hotel shuts down then). Had a drink on balcony and headed to bed- no uninvited guests tonight.

Day 3
Usual routine. Sunbathing, pool, water aerobics which i participated in again to the surprise of the kids, water polo. Afternoon nap for myself and DD1. Evening meal followed by entertainment. Brazillian dancing, if you could call it that. The 2 male dancers were good but the female was just eye candy, so stiff, not very good dancer and couldn't shake or wiggle to save her life haha DD1 " i was expecting a brazillian butt" haha One of the male dancers dragged DD2 and myself up to dance with them. Hubby very confused when he returned from the bar to find us "missing".
We headed back up after the act to find, yep, a cockroach in the wet room again, they are flaming huge! Hubby went to reception who gave us spray and said maid will treat the room in the morning.
Went to bed and again unsettled.

Day 4
Got up as usual at 8. Had breakfast and then headed into las americas for the morning. Masks are madatory on the transport here so glad we brought some. It was quite warm but fairly quiet. Looked in all the shops for DD2, had a lovely walk along the sea front and got a sorbet (lactose intolerant) so thoroughly enjoyed this due to to amount of flavours available. We then walked back to the hotel. Had lunch and spent the afternoon sunbathing.

Had our evening meal and are currently waiting for the evening entertainment to start- Magic show tonight.

Edited at 08:48 PM.
DiszeeBelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List