Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 14, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
1st cruise booked - couple of questions!

Hi - you may remember my earlier post about booking a cruise for my parents next month. I've booked them a 4 night cruise from Miami calling at Key West and Mexico

I've got a couple of questions for you experienced cruisers:

1. I've prepaid gratuities - does that mean they won't need to tip on board?

2. Parking at Miami - is it best to pre book, and if so, any recommendations?

3. When you arrive at a port, do you just get off and do your own thing?

4. I take it that meals are included, but you pay separately for drinks?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

Charlotte
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

They won't need to tip on board except if you have room service it is customary to tip a few dollars.
When we sailed from Miami we booked parking in advance, but as my BIL sorted it out, I can't remember who with sorry! If I remember I will ask him next time we skype
Ports - you can get off and do you your own thing, or you can book a shore excursion through the cruise line. The advantage of doing your own thing is that it is usually cheaper, the disadvantage is that if you are late back the ship won't wait, with their own excursions they have to A lot of ports have shops you can just wander around if that's your thing
Meals are included unless you dine at one of the specialty restaurants, if you do there is a cover charge. Most none alcoholic drinks are free although some are not, coke, fancy coffees etc can carry a charge, you can buy drinks packages but work out if you think it will be worth it before you do, we are not big drinkers so we have never gone down this line.

Which line have you booked?
Old 3 Jan 14, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Booked with Carnival, as they didn't want anything too formal, and my mum wanted to see Key West.
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Hi - you may remember my earlier post about booking a cruise for my parents next month. I've booked them a 4 night cruise from Miami calling at Key West and Mexico

I've got a couple of questions for you experienced cruisers:

1. I've prepaid gratuities - does that mean they won't need to tip on board?

2. Parking at Miami - is it best to pre book, and if so, any recommendations?

3. When you arrive at a port, do you just get off and do your own thing?

4. I take it that meals are included, but you pay separately for drinks?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

Charlotte
im going on the ecstasy from miami in june to same places , done a small RCi cruise before to bahamas but never done carnival you can order a drinks package before you go but need to work out if its worth the cost all meals are included i havnt booked parking yet but will prob do before we go xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

At Key West the ship docks right in centre. You can do the Conch tour just at port exit or walk tourist route. If 1st visit I would recommend tour, no need to book on ship.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I have done this cruise and its easy to do your own thing...you get the shuttle bus from the ship to the town in Key West then it is up to you...we done Hemmingway's house and then walked around and had lunch at the Hard Rock Café...In Cozumel when you get off at the port...there are lots of places to eat drink and shop...then we done the Dolphin tour.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread