Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
12 Night Iceland & Norway 2016

After our disappointment of not making it to Iceland on the EBTA we decided to book this cruise that sails in July 2016. The ports of call are

Copenhagen, Denmark;
Oslo, Norway;
Kristiansand, Norway;
Bergen, Norway;
At Sea;
Akureyri, Iceland;
Reykjavik, Iceland overnight
At Sea;
Kirkwall, Scotland;
Invergordon (Loch Ness), Scotland;
At Sea;
Dover, England

Wondered if anyone else has booked?

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Not us, but I'll let you know what the ports are like in a few weeks time.

We're flying to the Arctic circle in Aykureyri .. 350 euros each
Old 12 Jun 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post

Do you have a link for that tour it sounds great but after out disaster in a float plane in Alaska I'd need to check the size of the plane

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Sadly no but I will come and wave you off at Invergordon - will look for all the tour buses in Inverness going past my house to Urquhart Castle in search of Nessie 😀
Old 9 Aug 15, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post

Any updates Joa on what you recommend. Unfortunately the flying the Arctic circle won't be on our list. We did a float plane tour in Alaska and I've never felt so sick ever so the chances of getting me on a small plane again are little to none

Originally Posted by highland lass View Post
Sadly no but I will come and wave you off at Invergordon - will look for all the tour buses in Inverness going past my house to Urquhart Castle in search of Nessie 😀
We've booked a private tour with Inverness Tours so hopefully they'll be good. I'll be sure to give you a wave and any tips on what to see will be appreciated

Old 10 Aug 15, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Jakki
Sorry, missed that question from before!

Our Arctic circle trip got cancelled due to fog so we ended up doing a DCL tour which is was pretty rubbish.

For Reykjavik, we did an amended private Golden Circle tour the first day as we docked at around 1pm. We got back about 10pm and it was great. Email Oli at info@icelandictaxitours.com

He was so good, although quite quiet so you had to listen hard! Our tour comprised of everything we wanted ... the waterfalls (beautiful), Geyser (brilliant place), Fontana Spa (more in a min about that) and the National Park (interesting and pretty).
So, Fontana Spa ... we did not want to do the Blue Lagoon as it's so touristy and everyone was going there. I found Fontana online and it looked lovely ... it was, BUT ..
Oli the driver decided to detour on the way back and took us to a place called the Secret Lagoon and this is where I wished we'd gone. It was as if someone had scooped tons of earth out with an excavator, then let the natural springs fill the hole with 40c water! The people swimming around had those noodle things to float on with cans of beer/glasses of wine in their hands ... brilliant! It was so much more natural than either Blue Lagoon or Fontana Spa. Bear in mind that you have to strip naked in open changing rooms (seperate sexes) and shower .. leave your dignity at the door!

He had a big mini bus so you can share the cost between a few of you. On top of the agreed tour, he found Icelandic ponies for us to photograph, he took us to a non touristy waterfall, he was just so very helpful and nice.

The next day, with the full day in Reykjavik, we did a walking tour with Oli's daughter and that was great too. Really cheap and only 2 hours so it gave us time to explore the town ourselves afterwards. We learnt so much from her and she was funny to boot! Here's her website ...
I Heart Reykjavik

For Kirkwall, we just hopped on the T11 Stagecoach public bus service, although we did have 2 private buses. It started out as just Mick and I doing it, but when I told the US guests on the FB page about it, we ended up with 70 people so Stagecoach arranged private buses. It's a standard £8.50 and they use the buses as HOHOs when the ships are in. They were very kind to us and actually took us on an extended journey to the Italian Chapel and over the Churchill Barriers .. they are supposed to be on a different bus service. Normal journey was Standing Stones of Stennis, Skara Brae and somewhere else that now escapes me!
Speak to Liz at Stagecoach Orkney 01856 870555. It's not a tour as such as no microphone, but if you want it cheap, you can't beat it!

Hope that helps!
Joa
Old 10 Aug 15, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Joa you should be a travel agent !

I believe you are on the tranny 2016? Same as us, I will keep an eye out for your tips on trips !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by becsluvssw View Post
Joa you should be a travel agent !

I believe you are on the tranny 2016? Same as us, I will keep an eye out for your tips on trips !
ha .. the trips I do tend to end up with loads of people on! It starts with just Mick and I, then my family will say they want to join us, then friends, then others, then it's loads of people!

I don't mind though, keeps me out of trouble and I look important holding a clipboard!
We'll definitely be doing a private whale watching tour in Sydney or Halifax so I'll kepe you informed on our plans ... I'm happy to organise for everyone.
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for the tips Joa, will email Oli and his daughter

Old 12 Aug 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread