Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Apr 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Only flown once on a Dreamliner, very pleasant, did it impact positively on jet lag? IMO didn’t really notice any difference.
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Flown on the dreamliner with TUI and AA both are much better aircraft as you don't feel as crammed in and the lighting is a lot better! In terms of jetlag I didn't really notice a difference on both occasions!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I thought it helped a bit with jet lag but certainly we felt fresher, less grubby and could breath easier.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I thought it helped a bit with jet lag but certainly we felt fresher, less grubby and could breath easier.
I agree, felt less grubby, the noise in the cabin was better and the lighting also helped. We found the Dreamliner really comfortable and can't remember Jet lag being too bad
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Definitely felt that we didn't suffer with jet lag as much on the dreamliner

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I flew on the Dreamliner and had the worst jet lag ever over a week to get over it. Last time on a 747 all be it in upper sleep over 5 hours coming home and no jet lag at all.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Toria View Post
I agree, felt less grubby, the noise in the cabin was better and the lighting also helped. We found the Dreamliner really comfortable and can't remember Jet lag being too bad
Have to agree that is how we have felt after flying the Dreamliner. I suffer badly with headaches on the Florida flights and I can honestly say I don't get them on there. I think the lighting helps.
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Flown on the Dreamliner numerous times to Florida - we absolutely love it. We are 1 hour from Birmingham and half an hour from EMA, so it does help that we have a short drive back. The flight back seems so much quicker than when we fly into Manchester on VA and TC too. We are definitely less jetlagged, and the plane really is lovely.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jadebe View Post
Yes, did seem that jet lag wasn’t so bad. I think there’s a higher % of oxygen too that helps.
We flew to Canada last year on an Air Canada one, right across to Calgary and I think we were over it quicker. This time we are with BA and not sure what they fly on that route as haven't checked yet!
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I'm still puzzled as to why its called the Dreamliner. It was designed to be 2-4-2 seating in economy but most airlines have crammed in an extra seat by making 3-3-3.

Rant over!
jim jehosofat is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List