Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
The only time people shouldn't recline is for take off and landing, a major safety issue and I would be calling the flight attendants and the other time is for meals. Any other time no-one should be complaining about someone reclining.
Would never complain about them reclining as they just will but trip back from Boston, man in front reclined into DH lap and then got up and tried to turn DH air con off! He was very kindly told where to go and if he didn't like the air con in his face put his seat up! Simples really
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

My DH reclines asap & sleeps, it's his way of getting thru a flight, he never eats & just wakes for a drink of water now n again. He suffers terrible stomach cramps & does take meds for it but sleeping he isn't too bad & he always bring the seat back up at meal times for the person behind him. So please dont think all people do it just to annoy & as ROBBOTOO says if you have paid your fare & a seat reclines then your entitled to do so.
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
On a flight from Sydney to Christchurch I ended up wearing my drink thanks to a rapid recliner
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Would never complain about them reclining as they just will but trip back from Boston, man in front reclined into DH lap and then got up and tried to turn DH air con off! He was very kindly told where to go and if he didn't like the air con in his face put his seat up! Simples really
OMG,words fail me!
I can’t actually get my head around,someone behaving that way.how on earth,do some people have the cheek.unbelievable!
Tracy x
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I need to get up pretty much every hour or so to pee - if someone reclines their seat then it's really hard to get out. On a night flight i try to be considerate and wriggle out on a short or day flight I will use the back of the seat t haul myself out.

I actually dont find the reclined seats comfy to sleep - I'm more of a pillow on the tray and head down person

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I always seem to get a recliner in front of me, I hate it because the only way I can get out of my seat to go to the loo or stretch my legs (I suffer with restless legs syndrome) is to hold on to the seat in front to haul myself out, this tends to irritate the person in the reclined seat.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
The only time people shouldn't recline is for take off and landing, a major safety issue and I would be calling the flight attendants and the other time is for meals. Any other time no-one should be complaining about someone reclining.
I wouldn’t complain, I was just expressing my frustration that out of a cabin full of people very few reclined and I was unfortunate enough to have one in front of me...again! The only way to avoid this is to go Upper/Business but I’m not prepared to pay for it
My personal feeling is that in economy it would be far nicer for everyone if the seats didn’t recline, probably even in PE but that’s not going to happen so I’ll just moan on here
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
My DH reclines asap & sleeps, it's his way of getting thru a flight, he never eats & just wakes for a drink of water now n again. He suffers terrible stomach cramps & does take meds for it but sleeping he isn't too bad & he always bring the seat back up at meal times for the person behind him. So please dont think all people do it just to annoy & as ROBBOTOO says if you have paid your fare & a seat reclines then your entitled to do so.
I think if someone shows a bit of consideration you feel totally different about it, also if they are trying to sleep. I do however accept that the person has the right to recline just as I have the right to feel grumpy
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You need me in front as I find it uncomfortable to recline.
It's a touchy subject but people should be considerate at meal times and warn people in case you have a drink on the tray.
Perhaps cabin crew can have a master override or zapper for those who refuse to sit up at meal times
Old 2 Jul 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

If someone reclines and is inconsiderate, simply use their seat as a lever for getting in and out.

Also, once you get into your seat you can place a stopper into the gap where the seat reclines. A pack of hard sweets usually does the trick.
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List