Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Hand luggage or suitcases

Off for a week to orlando in 2 weeks. Not sure wether to just take hand luggage each and not bother with suitcase
What do you think
2017 All Stars Movies
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends on what you want to take and the hand luggage allowance. We do it for a week in Ibiza but check the hand luggage case in.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In a villa / apartment going with hand luggage only isn’t a problem for us. Would be a bit more difficult in a hotel. I don’t mind putting a washing load on in our own accommodation but wouldn’t be keen on going in to a launderette.
The liquids is your main problem. Either take small bottles to just last for the first day before you shop or make an online order with Boots for your toiletries/sun lotions to collect airside.

We aren’t big shoppers so if you are you may/want to consider this to.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

You could always check a bag in on your return at the airport if you don’t think your quite going to make it.

Most airlines is about £50 per bag.
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It depends how much you are taking and bringing back. My case going out for a week was 12kg but that was unrestricted packing so 3 pairs of shoes!
Coming home it was 19kg as lots of candy from MNSSHP and soft toys in my hand luggage.
If nor shopping etc then it is probably doable as I only take hand luggage to Greece or Spain for a week
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We re going for 8 nights and that’s what we re doing
The only issue is dd and trying to get her to cut down on her make up
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I believe we both get a suitcase and hand luggage as part of our entitlement

If we only take hand luggage out and buy a suitcase and fill it to bring back then then I presume that would be ok

Edited at 04:21 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have recently done a 3 week, 8 accommodation vacation with 4 of us on hand luggage only.

We made sure that accommodation no3 and our Orlando villa had full washing and drying facilities. It worked a dream.

The biggest plus (with 4 flights involved) was the walking out of airports before the baggage reclaim conveyer had even started.

Boston airport with immigration was 25 minutes from Aircraft door to taxi. The others were even quicker.

We rated this speed (and the money saved) so highly that we cannot see a time when we would use the hold again other than possibly for the trip home if exchange rates improve and it becomes worthwhile to shop again... or of course, if the currently very generous allowances change. 10kg and decent dimensions is more than adequate for us!

We also opted out on meals going out ( Norwegian). London - Boston is only 7 hours and our £3.99 WH Smith meal deals looked far more appetising than the gunk served up to those who had paid. The pax next to me even offered to swap. I declined.
Coming home (MIA - LGW) we opted for meals .. and wished that we had not.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:24 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List