Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Base28
Getting to know the DIBB

Rainforest day pass on DCL

Has anyone been able to get a one day rainforest pass on DCL. They are no longer available to book online but I have been told you can ring customer services to book. Is a one day pass worth having, for $16 +tax etc it looks good. Thanks for any advice.
Base28 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi I believe they are only bookable by Phone and the price has gone up quite a bit according to our American cousins $35 now
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Base28
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to give them a call & check.
Base28 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yes price went up about a month ago (luckily I'd purchased mine a few days before the woha of the increase). You can only purchase by phone - never been online unfortunately but they were on the fax request form you used to be able to fill in. If your booking is in £'s you have to call to book any stateroom gifts anyway so this wasn't a problem to sort in same call. Hope you sort it.
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't forget to add the cost of the tip - I am not sure you pay tax if you pay onboard but they automatically add a gratuity of 18% (maybe more) to the cost of anything in the spa. Given that you get a 2 minute intro to where stuff is this seems a little high to me for this particular service. The rooms are amazing though so enjoy!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
Don't forget to add the cost of the tip - I am not sure you pay tax if you pay onboard but they automatically add a gratuity of 18% (maybe more) to the cost of anything in the spa. Given that you get a 2 minute intro to where stuff is this seems a little high to me for this particular service. The rooms are amazing though so enjoy!
How would they add 18%? You've already paid for the pass so do they charge you again? My understanding was if purchased in advance this doesn't have the muds which you get if you purchase onboard and therefore doesn't have the "pre-amble" but even if it did I don't get where they would charge you. Its pre-paid so therefore surely the 18% must be included in the cost paid?
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
there was no tip when we went last year using the day pass. Have another booked for next month but luckily rang before the price increase.
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

It may be that they only add the gratuity if you pay onboard but when we cruised in April the spa were adding a % gratuity automatically to all their charges. Now this may only have happened on that cruise - I am not a regular so do not know and no it may not apply if you pay beforehand but I thought it was worth mentioning so people are aware that this is an extra that gets added if you buy onboard.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
All spa services have an 18% auto gratuity added, it should show on your onboard statement.

Bars have 15%, spa is 18%.

Joa
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
All spa services have an 18% auto gratuity added, it should show on your onboard statement.

Bars have 15%, spa is 18%.

Joa
Thanks Joa, I thought I was imagining things!